OK, CL owners... What's your verdict?

My verdict on the CL after 1 month of intensive use is negative

It is a charming compact camera

But far to compete with an M 240 & M10

And I am not talking about the sensor quality but the feeling & pleasure that I don’t feel at all.

A rangefinder is really unique & special.

I will definitely keep my CL but I mean...

My verdict on the CL after 1 month of intensive use is negative

It is a charming compact camera

But far to compete with an M 240 & M10

And I am not talking about the sensor quality but the feeling & pleasure that I don’t feel at all.

A rangefinder is really unique & special.

I will definitely keep my CL but I mean...

If what you want is a rangefinder, then a CL or anything else will never satisfy!

Yes

No

No

I love this camera. I have both a M7 and M8 which I will continue to use. However the autofocus

when necessary for my 80 year old eyes and ability to use my M lenses mean I will be using

the CL most of time. Still learning how to handle buttons and 18mm equavalent to 28 after only

five days but am getting there.

Cheers Dan

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes

No

No

I love this camera. I have both a M7 and M8 which I will continue to use. However the autofocus

when necessary for my 80 year old eyes and ability to use my M lenses mean I will be using

the CL most of time. Still learning how to handle buttons and 18mm equavalent to 28 after only

five days but am getting there.

Cheers Dan

Dan, how well are you getting on with using your M lenses on the CL?  Is the manual focus implementation on the CL (EVF+focus peaking/magnification) working for you?

--Mike

Edited by mctuomey

Dan, how well are you getting on with using your M lenses on the CL?  Is the manual focus implementation on the CL (EVF+focus peaking/magnification) working for you?

--Mike

So far, so good... I have tried my 90mm macro lens and novoflex macro tubes, 50mm Nokton, 50mm Summicron and 135mm f4 lenses so far.

Edited by Mark Pope
  • Like 1

Using the Summicron 35 asph right now - better than on the M, as the weaker corners are cut off. Summilux 24 - a bit heavy, but brilliant results. (see the CL image thread) Color Skopar 25 - very good, very light and small.

• Like 2

--Mike

Used Elmarit 28mm this morning. Early in game but working great. Plan to get Nikor adapter and use my old F mount

Nikon lenses. I use them on a Nikon FE and F 100 on film.

Cheers Dan

• Like 1