OK, CL owners... What's your verdict?

can you specify why? what makes it more love-able then the M10?

Not more lovable just different...but similar lol.

I find it very similar to shooting with my M10 with its very simple, clear controls. It shoots great in auto mode with auto focusing but also perfect in manual with the manual focusing TL primes.

Half the weight of the M10.

Smaller especially with the 18mm Elmarit lens.

ISO that’s as good as the M10.

The electronic shutter is handy for certain locations.

Shoots really well with M lenses.

The list goes on for me. I take my camera everywhere. It’s with me 24/7 so the more compact and lighter the better. The M10 is still the camera I could not live without but the CL is really holding its own.

It’s a camera that can be complex to shoot if you wish (using the various focus modes) or as simple as an M if you so desire.

I personally love how it shoots in manual and find it a solid and fun camera to work with.

Edited by SiOnara
  • Like 1

yes / no / no. I have two native lenses to cover for wide angle perspective (11-23) and smallish AF walk about (23) plus the M adapter. On the latter, for overall best experience, I enjoy most the f2/40 Minolta / Leica-C (so small), the 90 Summarit and the 50 Summicron from the early sixties (being lighter than the Lux). The native lenses are wonderfully sharp and AF is fast enough for me. I use manual ISO adjustment and Viewfinder switching most, to I have the top deck button configured for ISO settings and the FN button to switch the EVF modes.

Not really missing the Q (maybe a bit). Manual focusing works very well. No buttons falling off (yet), no other strange behaviour. Very good indeed. The TL2 looks very cool in a different way, which I also like a lot, but I enjoy viewfinders just too much and don't mind a button here and there, too.

Overall I am happy. It is not as beautiful as the TL2 but does its job and feels faster in use.

I wouldnt mind IS and sensor cleaning but other than that it works pretty good.

Fav lenses at the moment 23/2.0 and 11-23.

Compared to the M it is smaller (a little), lighter, offers AF and zooms and longer reach.

Overall it depends a lot what you plan to do with the camera and personal taste.

For example if I planned to only use the 18-56 I woould rather get a Canon g1xIII, if I used only 18mm I would rather get a Q, but the CL offers flexibility.

I find it a very good companion to a larger camera system.

Yes

No

No

I've only used it a couple of times so have a long way to getting used to it, etc.  The menu is somewhat similar to my SL601 so that is real nice.  It's tiny which is great too for travel and having it with me all of the time.  I do like the 18-56mm lens as well. My Fuji XT-2 may end up being sold as I can use my Leica M type (and SL) lenses with this CL with great results.  Hmmmm......

• Like 1

Yes.

No.

TL2 sold.

With small lenses, the CL package is indeed small; the first carry-everywhere Leica (with interchangeable lenses) I have owned.

Image quality is overall good. 

The TL-lenses are all very fine (restricted to 18, 23, 18-56 in my case).

An convenient and very capable companion to SL and S.

Edited by helged