Leica Q Silver vs Black - Thoughts?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm a week away from pulling the trigger on a Leica Q but stuck between silver vs. black. For those who have the black but found out the silver is out now, any desire to have the silver instead? 

I do general family and landscape photography, no street. Price difference is not a concern. I like the classic look of the silver but the black is calling out to me.

Thanks!

If you are uncertain... take the black... Silvers are mainly for single-minded / hard-nosed people like me :p , for whom "Silver Mandatory" is the rule :D  (for instance I admit that the new CL is intriguing for me... but, at the moment, there is a missing detail to make me consdier to have one... ;) )

What about finish durability? I bought a silver last month because it looks richer to me, but also because it’s described as an anodized finish. I’ve seen black Leica’s that have had the “paint” worn away on the edges, exposing the base metal.

What about finish durability? I bought a silver last month because it looks richer to me, but also because it’s described as an anodized finish. I’ve seen black Leica’s that have had the “paint” worn away on the edges, exposing the base metal.

That’s called patina or real characterf

• Like 2

Both are beautiful! I've had the black since release and had no intentions of trading colors. Awhile back, I saw the titanium one and for me, the black was still more handsome. So, when the new silver came out, I thought I'd have the same feelings about it and still stick with the black. However, seeing the silver in person changed my mind. It's gorgeous and makes a statement! 

• Like 1

I like mine with the Arte di Mano half case in Rally Volpe.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Dr. G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can also put the black in a half case :-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Black is also anodized..

• Like 1