Posts skipping when using "next page" function

Keith_W

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear moderators and admin, I have noticed this problem for some time but only got around to taking screenshots to bring it to your attention today. I read my posts on the Leica Forum like this: 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

1. Click on "View New Content"

2. Any threads that interest me - I right click and open in a new tab. In this case, I opened four tabs (just to demonstrate the problem)

3. I go to the bottom of the page and click NEXT. 

I have suspected for a while that it skips the same number of threads that you opened in separate tabs when it goes to page two. Note in this case - the bottom thread is "Gentlemen prefer blondes". 

As you can see, the next page loads. Note the thread on the top is "Barnack's Monthly for Jan 2018...". What happens when we go back to page 1 (by clicking on the 1 button)? 

As predicted, three threads failed to display when I clicked on NEXT. Below the "Gentlemen prefer blondes" thread, there are three threads which did not show up when page two was selected. 

I know this is a function of forum software, and I suspect that you will not be able to fix this until you upgrade the forum software or switch to another vendor. However, I was wondering if admin would mind diving into the settings to see if you can fix this. 

I am confined to the mobile version of the forum right now, so I can not reproduve the problem. I can not even call it to the attention of any moderators who can.

However:try and refresh the page before changing to page 2.

If that fails, use the report button to call the thread to the attention of my colleagues.

• Like 1

Thanks Pop. I did consider using the report button, but that is "only for offensive posts and not to communicate with moderators". So I didn't. My next step would be to find the admin of this site and send him/her a PM - if they don't see this thread that is. 

• 3 months later...

Well after some time with no response from admin, I came up with my own solution for avoiding this problem (yes it still exists): 

1. Click "View New Content"

2. Click ">>" to go to the last page of posts

3. Navigate backwards to the first page.