The Barnack Challenge - Rules and SECOND THEME

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Second Barnack Challenge

Rules:

The Barnack Challenge runs four times a year, on or about the start of each season.

It is open to all Leica User Forum members.

In order to participate you must shoot a roll of film in line with a predefined theme within a defined seven day period using a Screwmount or early fixed-lens Leica. You may use any lens, regardless of age or manufacturer, as long as it is LTM.

Select your shot that in your view best matches the theme and post it onto a single thread set up for the purpose by the organiser. Post-processing of your image should be kept to a minimum - nothing that couldn't be done in a wet darkroom fifty years ago. You may post your image any size within forum rules.

The thread will be open for postings but NOT for voting until a declared date to allow all entries to be posted before voting starts. Your entries are not anonymous; feel free to post camera, lens and film details.

Voting will then be opened. Votes may then be cast on the following basis:

Three points for best, two points for second and one point for third.

Voting runs for two weeks. One vote per member, no voting for your own image.

The winner gets the right to set the theme for the next Barnack Challenge.

__________________________________________________ _______

Theme and Dates:

The theme for the Second Barnack Challenge has been chosen by the previous winner, Mauro Scacco. The theme is "THE DECISIVE MOMENT"

The open period runs from the 7th to the 13th of July inclusive.

You must post your images by the 27th of July. Voting will then open and run until the 13th August

__________________________________________________ _______

Regards,

Bill

Bill, many thanks for keeping this splendid project going. (I mistakenly thought you had cleverly devolved the whole of the organisation, not just the choice of theme, to each successive winner. Seemed a good way of sharing the load. But it's great that you will be keeping it going.) All the best, John

Advertisement (gone after registration)

@ John - I think this is a fine example of the adage "Everything comes to he who doesn't run fast enough..." :D

@ Ian - yes, the O-Series replica is certainly in the spirit of what this is all about.

And yes, I agree - this is a challenging subject! I have visions of all of us wandering around for a week with Barnacks stuck in our right hands, looking out for that "Decisive Moment"!

Regards,

Bill

I only recently got my IIIf and have only put a few rolls through it guessing at the light and what settings to use, now I have the challange to do it within a "decisive moment" in a specific time frame, OK lets see what happens.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The challenge is now open!

I want to announce two prizes this time:

Peter Meyer (Imported_Peter_M) has very kindly offered to make and donate a lens pouch - this will go to the eventual winner, together with a Leica red dot lapel pin. My thanks to Peter for this generous gesture.

Good shooting!

Bill

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The challenge is now open!

I want to announce two prizes this time:

Peter Meyer (Imported_Peter_M) has very kindly offered to make and donate a lens pouch - this will go to the eventual winner, together with a Leica red dot lapel pin. My thanks to Peter for this generous gesture.

Good shooting!

Bill

Due to work pressure, I have only learnt about this new opportunity yesterday; I'll certainly give it a try. The standard is quite high and a bit daunting, well, nothing ventured...

What Andreas said!

The competition is now CLOSED.

You have until the 27th JULY to post your photos.

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE BEFORE THAT DATE TO GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE TO GET THEIR PHOTOS IN FOR CONSIDERATION!

Regards,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...