djmay

Just discovered your topic this morning, DJMay. And I like it. I am an old (84!) Belgian-born lawyer, retired in Portugal since 1993. But we had houses here since 1975, when allowed to enter the country after the "carnation revolution" of April 25th, 1974. We always lived in the South - Alentejo first, then Algarve for the last 10 years - but have traveled quite a lot in the country (incidentally, three times as big as Belgium) and feel now half-Portuguese.

Here are a few more images, more "touristic" (and less artistic) than yours, but illustrating the country like we see it daily.

The first pix was taken in Tavira, Algarve, and the three last ones are from Alentejo.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

And more... The first is from Alentejo, the second one illustrates Silves, in Algarve. We go to North with the third one : Capela da Nossa Senhora da Esperanza (Our Lady of Hope chapel) in Satão, near Viseu, and two other corners of the same little town.

• Like 4

The most Churches in Portugal named Nossa Senhora... ;))

The last picture is one of the typical grain stores for corn / grain.

The last Picture #23 reminds me Obidos.

During a Portugal holiday we explored the (the 45KM long) >Lines of Torres Vedras<.

Napoleon against Lord Wellington.

Edited by Reini

Madeira. The GPS said turn here

S 006, Super-Elmar-S

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just discovered your topic this morning, DJMay. And I like it. I am an old (84!) Belgian-born lawyer, retired in Portugal since 1993. But we had houses here since 1975, when allowed to enter the country after the "carnation revolution" of April 25th, 1974. We always lived in the South - Alentejo first, then Algarve for the last 10 years - but have traveled quite a lot in the country (incidentally, three times as big as Belgium) and feel now half-Portuguese.

Here are a few more images, more "touristic" (and less artistic) than yours, but illustrating the country like we see it daily.

The first pix was taken in Tavira, Algarve, and the three last ones are from Alentejo.

attachicon.gifTavira, South Portugal copie réd..jpg) [attachment=439134:maq633 copie réd..jpg

attachicon.gifPaysages d'Alentejo (2) copie réd..jpg attachicon.gifCouchers de Soleil (5) copie réd..jpg

I was in Algarve 2008. We are thinking about spending a month there, in a year or two.

Jesse

Lisbon - Belem Tower

S 006, Super-Elmar-S 24

• Like 4

Madeira

S 006, Super-Elmar-S 24

• Like 2