Problem with mounting fuji film flash EFX20 onto M9

Pawel Rusek

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello 

I have recently bought a small fujifilm flash EF-X20 for M9 (its my first flash ever) and maybe it will be a stupid question but I

have no idea how to check if its properly mounted because nothing happens when I try to fire it (x mode, m mode, p mode,

ttl/manual). I press push button to take it strongly to the end in the hot shoe but cant hear the final click, maybe the contacts

dont cover everything and there is no signal? it looks strange from the side as if it couldnt go further or maybe its sth else?

The flash fires when I only press a test button.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That is certainly not in far enough. You'll have to ask your wife for a nail file. The main problem is probably the front locking pin, but try taking off the front left hand corner first.

It won't be very practical, though as TTL won't work and it does not appear to have an auto setting.

Hello

There is a small screw in the hotshoe of the M9 which prevents the flash for

full insertion into the hotshoe so the electric contacts cannot match.

In fact you have the wrong flash unless you remove the screw which has a centering

function for Leica and other flashes with a notch in the middle.

That is certainly not in far enough. You'll have to ask your wife for a nail file. The main problem is probably the front locking pin, but try taking off the front left hand corner first.

It won't be very practical, though as TTL won't work and it does not appear to have an auto setting.

come on jaap, you're good enough at arithmetic you don't need an auto flash... ;)

the M9's hotshoe always creates troubles for hotshoe heads that have a fully rectangular front left corner. You need to file that corner down, and cut out a notch to accommodate the stopping pin, before proper insertion is possible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/1/2018 at 10:41 AM, MikeTaylor said:

HI. I recently bought this flash for my Q. I'm also having issues making it fit correctly. Sometimes it fires, other times not - and it seems to be something to do with the fit on the shoe. I'll try some of the suggestions mentioned above and report back. 

Hi did you ever solve the problem?  I just bought the flash but it doesn't fire when mounted on my Q.