• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A strongly backlit subject in a scene that already has almost no color seems like an ideal setup when you're shooting with a monochrome camera.   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

WATER - 246 + 80-200 R Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

EARTH Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

On 2/26/2021 at 6:51 AM, overexposed said:

can you provide raw files taken with that lens?

Not for that one. That was from a JPEG - I had the camera mis-set after getting it back from service.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2015 at 8:39 AM, Jennifer said:

Hmmm, yes I take your point. I think now the red filter was certainly a mistake, admittedly is was a bit of an experiment as I've never used a red one before, and although I did want to emphasise the clouds they've have probably ended up over emphasised and the lake too 'busy'.

Orange filter next time and lighter hand on those sliders?

Good points thanks!! CHIPS

On 5/9/2021 at 7:24 AM, Shu_downunder said:

M246+PC28-R

Looking at this picture, I feel sick.

the buildings seem trying ("want to") fall, front heavy.

Maybe combination of many 'front falling' things ?

If you don't mind Shu ...

Using PC lens to straighten verticals is a thing, but natural "looking" picture of buildings may be lost in the process (too much correction in my thinking)

On 5/11/2021 at 9:01 PM, a.noctilux said:

Looking at this picture, I feel sick.

the buildings seem trying ("want to") fall, front heavy.

Maybe combination of many 'front falling' things ?

If you don't mind Shu ...

Using PC lens to straighten verticals is a thing, but natural "looking" picture of buildings may be lost in the process (too much correction in my thinking)

Part of me agree. The other part of me as an architect are actually quite familiar and have to live with the 'impact' from especially the upper part of the building, which is a must side affect of the adjustment to show which lines are vertical and which are not.

From the image below which shows the whole building, you can tell the design of the top part actually is larger than the lower part. If vertical lines are not vertical, viewer can not tell it.

If it's a picture showing people and the building is just a background, then natural "looking" is an option. If, however, its purpose is to show the building architecturally, then the adjustment has its meaning.