M246 Image Thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 minutes ago, jonnyboy said:

Happy shoots!! I remember when I got mine (I was coming from an M9Mono) I really felt the upgrade, especially in the body.
Coming from the M240 you won't have the feeling of a new body...BUT once you will see the images and low light capabilities you going to be amazed! I think the price dropped drastically in the last year and right now it's a good value... if you come across the Zeiss 1.4 snatch it! It's an incredible combination.

Excellent! Yes it will feel 100% familiar, which actually kept me from jumping in right away, since I was pretty happy with the conversions...I was thinking something totally different (like M10M or M9M) would be more fun but especially 10M I think is out of reach for the moment. I'm happy to test the mono waters with the 246 for those reasons!

I'll be posting soon :-).  And keeping an eye out for Zeiss...I started with both a Zeiss 35 and 50 f2 and both were incredible. I wanted genuine Leica glass though quickly after so moved on.

brian 

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2022 at 2:09 PM, bdolzani said:

Excellent! Yes it will feel 100% familiar, which actually kept me from jumping in right away, since I was pretty happy with the conversions...I was thinking something totally different (like M10M or M9M) would be more fun but especially 10M I think is out of reach for the moment. I'm happy to test the mono waters with the 246 for those reasons!

I'll be posting soon :-).  And keeping an eye out for Zeiss...I started with both a Zeiss 35 and 50 f2 and both were incredible. I wanted genuine Leica glass though quickly after so moved on.

brian 

If you haven’t come across this excellent post I highly recommend. The M10M is a beast, but for my uses, and after using for a few weeks I decided its 1.5 stops better ISO performance (32.5k vs 12.5k), quieter shutter and increased resolution weren’t enough to justify at more than double the cost than M246. 

B&W Showdown

Edited by goldenbear

Although I use it mainly for personal work and projects, when they specifically asked for a black and white portrait I could not resist... So first my first publication with the M246 is a simple portrait for the bookcover of the biography of one of Hollands most famous skippers from the historical flat bottom boat racing (skûtsjesilen).

M246 | 50LUX ASPH

On 5/28/2022 at 10:57 AM, goldenbear said:

If you haven’t come across this excellent post I highly recommend. The M10M is a beast, but for my uses, and after using for a few weeks I decided its 1.5 stops better ISO performance (32.5k vs 12.5k), quieter shutter and increased resolution weren’t enough to justify at more than double the cost than M246. 

B&W Showdown

Yes, excellent article indeed, I've seen it. I agree for my shooting style, I'm sure the 246 will feel like more than enough (snapped a few shots tonight, about to import and view them). 

I wish it weren't double the cost, as those features do seem nice. I'm sure they are. My though is I can use this as my first Mono, and by the end of the year (my birthday, a big one), I can evaluate the cost of the 10M (any lower??) and see if I want to 'keep going' to the top rung. 

One of the main things about the 240 bodies - I wish the shutter were a hair quieter. 

On 5/30/2022 at 4:27 PM, VRA said:

Although I use it mainly for personal work and projects, when they specifically asked for a black and white portrait I could not resist... So first my first publication with the M246 is a simple portrait for the bookcover of the biography of one of Hollands most famous skippers from the historical flat bottom boat racing (skûtsjesilen).

M246 | 50LUX ASPH

Fantastic.

My first shoot with the 246. I'm thrilled to separate color + B&W in the digital world. An expensive proposition, but I appreciate it and it will make me quite happy! So far in love.

My son and his date, Junior Prom, 1976 90mm Summicron (which I had a very hard time nailing focus at f2 while they were moving around, shooting more candidly). I think this was f4 which helped me out. It's not a quick focusing lens. Best for taking your time.