M246 Image Thread

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, carl_valiquet said:

Hi Edgard, I never know what to do the children ask for money or help. Nothing wrong in sharing. Good does come out of it. For both parties. 

Prends soin.

Carl

Hi Carl, I actually took these pictures while they were telling us funny stories for around 10 minutes, they even asked for it as you can see they were posing.

Regards,

Edgard

Long weekend out with the little man! Only took my 246 with me!

1. Dino Museum - 35Ultron2

2. Him with my good old Fuji - 50Lux

3. Some beach action - 50Lux

• 2 weeks later...

M246 with 28mm Elmarit, walking near Ightham Mote, Kent. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A walk around town, mostly Northern Quarter - a bit 'Hipster land' with MM246 & Nokton 1.1. The lens only arrived yesterday so this was more of a test really. Comments are welcome.

More of my town walk

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

George Clinton's last concert in London.

M246 + Zeiss 35mm 1.4

Fantastic shot. Man we used to see him/them in Boulder, CO in college. Is this his last tour? I'm a musician and concert shooter as well...hard to believe he's still going! Bless 'em. 

Most of all we need the funk...

I can still hear Maggot Brain from those shows in early 90's...

Oh and on a practical level...I've been shooting a bit with my M240 at shows (among other cameras) but considering an M246 for shows especially...good choice?? I honestly don't see any difference in daytime shots comparing M246 vs M240 conversions...so I've been hesitant to get one even though I'm a B&W shooter. But I'm sure the extra stops help at shows.

cheers-

brian 

Edited by bdolzani

4 hours ago, bdolzani said:

Fantastic shot. Man we used to see him/them in Boulder, CO in college. Is this his last tour? I'm a musician and concert shooter as well...hard to believe he's still going! Bless 'em. 

Most of all we need the funk...

I can still hear Maggot Brain from those shows in early 90's...

Oh and on a practical level...I've been shooting a bit with my M240 at shows (among other cameras) but considering an M246 for shows especially...good choice?? I honestly don't see any difference in daytime shots comparing M246 vs M240 conversions...so I've been hesitant to get one even though I'm a B&W shooter. But I'm sure the extra stops help at shows.

cheers-

brian 

Hey Brian, indeed he is doing his last tour here in Europe - I do believe he's wrapping it up. Still, one of the best performer!

I do a lot of live concerts as well, I couldn't recommend enough the M246 paired with a nice lens. Occasionally, I would bring my Q (which I believe outputs as an M240?) and the BW conversions are always great (but not as capable as the M246 in terms of ISO).
I think you should get a solid piece of glass (if you don't have it already?)...a nice Summilux or those Zeiss F1.4 are pretty amazing and I'm sure they can produce outstanding images with any body (I shot with an M8 until few years ago....).

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2022 at 4:00 AM, jonnyboy said:

Hey Brian, indeed he is doing his last tour here in Europe - I do believe he's wrapping it up. Still, one of the best performer!

I do a lot of live concerts as well, I couldn't recommend enough the M246 paired with a nice lens. Occasionally, I would bring my Q (which I believe outputs as an M240?) and the BW conversions are always great (but not as capable as the M246 in terms of ISO).
I think you should get a solid piece of glass (if you don't have it already?)...a nice Summilux or those Zeiss F1.4 are pretty amazing and I'm sure they can produce outstanding images with any body (I shot with an M8 until few years ago....).

I finally caved and bought a 246 last night. After 2 years of consideration I'm really excited to work with it. Only way to know is to try it...

I'm most excited to use my couple 1950's lenses with it. For shows I've used my 35 summicron and 90 tele-elmarit. So both not super fast, but at the same time I think 1.4 is tough to pull off with moving subjects. With the higher ISO of the 246 perhaps f2 or 2.8 is fine!

Of course I've wanted a summilux for years now too...we'll see. I can see getting a Zeiss 1.4 just for shows, more affordable. 

thanks @jonnyboy

Edited by bdolzani

5 hours ago, bdolzani said:

I finally caved and bought a 246 last night. After 2 years of consideration I'm really excited to work with it. Only way to know is to try it...

I'm most excited to use my couple 1950's lenses with it. For shows I've used my 35 summicron and 90 tele-elmarit. So both not super fast, but at the same time I think 1.4 is tough to pull off with moving subjects. With the higher ISO of the 246 perhaps f2 or 2.8 is fine!

Of course I've wanted a summilux for years now too...we'll see. I can see getting a Zeiss 1.4 just for shows, more affordable. 

thanks @jonnyboy

Happy shoots!! I remember when I got mine (I was coming from an M9Mono) I really felt the upgrade, especially in the body.
Coming from the M240 you won't have the feeling of a new body...BUT once you will see the images and low light capabilities you going to be amazed! I think the price dropped drastically in the last year and right now it's a good value... if you come across the Zeiss 1.4 snatch it! It's an incredible combination.