Leica MM1 or MM2 for the Noctilux 0.95 only

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

But you're also at the top of the list starting threads inviting comments about what this camera or lens can do vs that, and trying to figure out the elusive 'best', etc, etc. Only after a lot of predictable banter do you go and buy the expected item.

I'm saying that you should skip the banter and just do it. Because you will anyway, and you're not into the nuances.

Jeff

Isn't that what forums are about......asking questions??

Have you ever noticed that when I ask a question it usually ends up 2 to 30 pages long.....wonder why??

Neil

Isn't that what forums are about......asking questions??

Have you ever noticed that when I ask a question it usually ends up 2 to 30 pages long.....wonder why??

Neil

So I should be asking questions? (like this?)

No, I don't wonder why.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

People are very tolerant on the forum, but if you make a habit of asking questions without making any effort to do any research for yourself, patience will wear thin.

Especially when you have a reputation for buying stuff and disposing of it within a month, as you do. It’s a butterfly position, constantly flitting from one flower to another.

You take great photographs with the equipment you have (had) - god only knows what kit you currently own, I can’t ever keep up with you. Constantly chasing the next flower is just a distraction to the main purpose of photography, imho.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

So I should be asking questions? (like this?)

No, I don't wonder why.

Jeff

You don't need to ask questions Jeff.....you already do a good job at trying to answer everybody question.......especially mine :) 

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

People are very tolerant on the forum, but if you make a habit of asking questions without making any effort to do any research for yourself, patience will wear thin.

Especially when you have a reputation for buying stuff and disposing of it within a month, as you do. It’s a butterfly position, constantly flitting from one flower to another.

You take great photographs with the equipment you have (had) - god only knows what kit you currently own, I can’t ever keep up with you. Constantly chasing the next flower is just a distraction to the main purpose of photography, imho.

Line one........ I ask questions to get answers...........no need to ask on google about the Leica monochrome sensor, they google will just send me back to here :)

Line too....... Name anything that I have bought and sold within a month...........you cant

Line three ......I ENJOY buying new toys HERE

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Within a month? Heck, you buy and sell stuff in your head in the course of an hour forum discussion. Then forget that discussion and do it all over again within a month.

Jeff

rubbish

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

In your own words regarding buying an MM1, after just reading a thread...  https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/272551-mmi-vs-mmii-hypothetical/?p=3387043

And here you are again, oops, only 2 months later.

Lots of other examples over the years.

Jeff

Exactly rubbish......we've gone from one month to two months thats 100% different ............But its inmeterial, I currently am asking about the MM1 to the MM2, what we talked about 2 months ago has been forgotten.........just trying to refresh my memories thats all.

If it aggravates you when I post Jeff just ignore it, there are plenty of others that enjoy a wee bitty of banter and hopefully in the process learn something even if its only stored for two months...........

I actually googlled eBay and see the have a brand new MM1 for sale at 3800 or there abouts.............so need more info before I take the plunge

Neil 

Within a month? Heck, you buy and sell stuff in your head in the course of an hour forum discussion. Then forget that discussion and do it all over again within a month.

Jeff

So you agree, Neil. Except 2 months. To refresh your memory further, that thread was specifically about the MM1 vs MM2. You might benefit by reading it again.

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

So you agree, Neil. Except 2 months. To refresh your memory further, that thread was specifically about the MM1 vs MM2. You might benefit by reading it again.

Jeff

Yea mate thats about it i guess..............its a bitch getting old :)

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Jeff

got a link??

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

You are getting old... I gave it to you an hour ago, just above, including your conclusion after reading it.

Jeff

Jeff

In all fairness to ME, I made one post in that thread saying I read the whole thing............ive made a total of 9000 post I really don't think its expected of me to remember all of them especially if I haven't been drinking?

Neil

Jeff

In all fairness to ME, I made one post in that thread saying I read the whole thing............ive made a total of 9000 post I really don't think its expected of me to remember all of them especially if I haven't been drinking?

Neil

But your one post was to state that you were going to call your dealer about buying an MM1. The fact that you treat buying a camera to a quick read and a casual post is the very point that Andy and I are making. And you've given us many other examples.

There's nothing wrong with that. Buy what makes you happy. But don't deny the obvious (to us at least).

Jeff

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

But your one post was to state that you were going to call your dealer about buying an MM1. The fact that you treat buying a camera to a quick read and a casual post is the very point that Andy and I are making. And you've given us many other examples.

There's nothing wrong with that. Buy what makes you happy. But don't deny the obvious (to us at least).

Jeff

Cool

You and Andy win