Camera case for CL

Took some photos of the CL in it's new leather jacket today, just need a nice vintage Triumph Bonneville 650 to go with it now and head up to Scotland.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Took some photos of the CL in it's new leather jacket today, just need a nice vintage Triumph Bonneville 650 to go with it now and head up to Scotland.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180315_151501.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180315_151514.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180315_151719.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180318_123911.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20180318_123922.jpg

Nice but it is a pity you can not delete the strap end guards as you now have double thick protection.

the CL Protector would be even greater valuer if it had a tripod screw mount. Th battery door is very sturdy though 

This is pretty, but too bad it is hiding the red dot.

More I see different cases, more I believe I did the right choice with Angelo Pelle. It is beautiful and has the tripod screw, the battery door, great leather and you can see the red dot!... All with a more reasonable price than all high end cases. ;)

• Like 2

Here's my Lim's case transformation (red to black stitching)...  I used a stained by sharpie marker which is a fabric marker that is supposed to be fade resistant.  It took a few coats and wiping in between to take off the excess to get it fully blacked out but overall I'm pleased with the results.

Zg2yMvN.jpg

yNbquIS.jpg

DXL1HqV.jpg

Dfy1nI3.jpg

Xc4NVOq.jpg

• Like 7

Here's my Lim's case transformation (red to black stitching)...  I used a stained by sharpie marker which is a fabric marker that is supposed to be fade resistant.  It took a few coats and wiping in between to take off the excess to get it fully blacked out but overall I'm pleased with the results.

Dfy1nI3.jpg

Xc4NVOq.jpg

Bravo, that I really well executed. How many stitches did you count ? ;)

I also noticed the big rings on the strap ends. Be careful with these as see no end guards.

Edited by mhoutman

Bravo, that I really well executed. How many stitches did you count ? ;)

I also noticed the big rings on the strap ends. Be careful with these as see no end guards.

Don't know how many stitches there were but it took me a good 30-40 minutes to do it as I was taking my time...

As for the strap, yeah I'm being careful but it's a Harry Benz strap so the ends a a bit thicker and don't allow the rings to touch the camera so much... in any case, I may end up switching the strap out to keep in line with the aesthetic of the case/camera combo... I have a few other black straps that I could swap out with but right now I'm really loving my HB straps!

Don't know how many stitches there were but it took me a good 30-40 minutes to do it as I was taking my time...

As for the strap, yeah I'm being careful but it's a Harry Benz strap so the ends a a bit thicker and don't allow the rings to touch the camera so much... in any case, I may end up switching the strap out to keep in line with the aesthetic of the case/camera combo... I have a few other black straps that I could swap out with but right now I'm really loving my HB straps!

The LIM’s in black now looks nuch better!

Yes I already thought is was buffalo leather from Harry Benz but I could not place the rings. Russet brown I pressume?

Just a coincidence but yesterday I reveived both a Harry Benz Vintage B in dark brown and a black B. I ordered with the standard rings but I suppose yours are the beefier ‘Leica’ rings. Standard rings are less stiff and seem also smaller.

Excellent craftsmanship these straps and my new reference :)

Edited by mhoutman

The LIM’s in black now looks nuch better!

Yes I already thought is was buffalo leather from Harry Benz but I could not place the rings. Russet brown I pressume?

Just a coincidence but yesterday I reveived both a Harry Benz Vintage B in dark brown and a black B. I ordered with the standard rings but I suppose yours are the beefier ‘Leica’ rings. Standard rings are less stiff and seem also smaller.

Excellent craftsmanship these straps and my new reference :)

The strap in my picture is actually a one off custom using the same leather as the straps he made for the Leica store SF (https://www.leicastoresf.com/90984).  I wanted a lighter colored brown strap and asked if he could make one for me using that leather and luckily he was able to do it!

For anyone looking for a half case, this is worth a look, and very reasonably priced, allows battery/card access, and tripod fixing.  Having purchased cases from this seller for both Leica X Vario, and Fuji X Pro 2 in the past, I asked him to let me know when and if he would be making them for the CL.  He contacted me this morning to say they have them listed now and mine is on order.  I have always been happy with the quality, and it does offer some protection for the camera body.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-Leica-CL-Bottom-Open-/263464755154?var=&hash=item82f72f1077

Just received one of these half-cases. It fits the body like a glove; a high value-for-money product! And as others have stated, a wrist strap is included. With a nice written message as well. Well done, Jason!

• Like 3

Just received one of these half-cases. It fits the body like a glove; a high value-for-money product! And as others have stated, a wrist strap is included. With a nice written message as well. Well done, Jason!

Got the same. Fully agree. Well done, Jason!

The strap in my picture is actually a one off custom using the same leather as the straps he made for the Leica store SF (https://www.leicastoresf.com/90984). I wanted a lighter colored brown strap and asked if he could make one for me using that leather and luckily he was able to do it!

Nice. Now perhaps a Harry Banz ‘B’ (all black) would even look beter :)

The case looks much nicer with blacken stitches. But what I really don't like very much is the grip! I wish they had another version without the grip.... I guess . it's a matter of taste! ;)

The case looks much nicer with blacken stitches. But what I really don't like very much is the grip! I wish they had another version without the grip.... I guess . it's a matter of taste! ;)

No grip with Jason's half-case. I guess you are talking about LIM's half-case...? Of the two, the latter is certainly the most 'advanced', but the price tag of the former is hard to beat... 

No grip with Jason's half-case. I guess you are talking about LIM's half-case...? Of the two, the latter is certainly the most 'advanced', but the price tag of the former is hard to beat... 

Yes, of course; I was referring to LIM case. I like the design and find it quite nice with black stitches as another poster made; but, I was not too crazy about the hand grip. I know that some people like it and find it practical, but to my eyes, it is too much on this little shape. I prefer a "cleaner" look.