Camera case for CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Its the Thumbs Up (non Leica). It is for me better than the Leica Thumb Support but it could be a tad longer.

Works fine with the Leica hand grip. Tried the grip with medium finger loop too. Felt very secure but I prefer a strap. But that is a very personal choice indeed.

Edited by mhoutman

2 pictures of Luigi case I received about 2 weeks ago. Battery door isn’t well fitted or held closed and as you can see leather at back makes it awkward to get at play button. I also should have ordered the tripod screw in the case.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2 pictures of Luigi case I received about 2 weeks ago. Battery door isn’t well fitted or held closed and as you can see leather at back makes it awkward to get at play button. I also should have ordered the tripod screw in the case.

I do not know what others think, and what your judgement is, but to me it looks awful and not acceptable. Bad design, and poor (manual) labour.

This makes my half case I bought at eBay from China for $90 a marvel in design and hand making. Very happy with it.

• Like 5

I do not know what others think, and what your judgement is, but to me it looks awful and not acceptable. Bad design, and poor (manual) labour.

This makes my half case I bought at eBay from China for $90 a marvel in design and hand making. Very happy with it.

I agree with you; this is certainly not my favorite case with the kind of price hey are charging.... I am very interested to see how the back of the Chinese case looks. Do you have an image?

I agree with you; this is certainly not my favorite case with the kind of price hey are charging.... I am very interested to see how the back of the Chinese case looks. Do you have an image?

Please go to this place on eBay.

https://rover.ebay.c...tm/263464755154

Images are there for all colour of leather he supples. The images are very accurate / representative of the quality you get.

I am really very satisfied with this case. The price is a bargain. The leather is great, and it's made very very well.

This guy also sent me a free leather wrist strap for no reason at all, just as a token of friendship.

• Like 1

I'm being an old Luigi'customer, and I have to say that the quality is decreasing compared with the objects made at the time of M8  and M9 (they were rather brillant products these times). That is the fact, I will probably no more buying Luigi products now. A pity as in the past, he was the only maker of case and other devices.

HTH.Best pictures to all.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Louis,

I bought one of these cases. The leather is thinner than some of the more expensive cases but I prefer it. It fits the camera very well and has a convenient flap on the base that gives access to the battery and SD card. There is also a tripod screw on the base which can be fixed and removed without the need for any tool such as a coin.Here are some images

• Like 1

Arte Di Mano makes the best cases for Leica CL, I prefer the full sides that the ADM cases have, the price tag is high but the quality of his work is fantastic.

Another to look at is the Angello Pelle cases (spelling may be wrong) I had one of his cases on my SL and it was gorgeous with the smell of leather even after 1 year.

Arte Di Mano makes the best cases for Leica CL, I prefer the full sides that the ADM cases have, the price tag is high but the quality of his work is fantastic.

Another to look at is the Angello Pelle cases (spelling may be wrong) I had one of his cases on my SL and it was gorgeous with the smell of leather even after 1 year.

I ordered an Arte di Mano and will receive it in a few weeks. 

The Angelo Pelle case for CL has an optional but horrible bling bling grip not covered in leather

The green Chinese case above looks IMO very neat and has a clean stitching. Exceptional value for the money if it also smells like leather. (Annie Bartons leathers for example smell like plastics)

Only issue I have with the Chinese case is the stitching under the lens. Otherwise it seems in every aspect so much better than Super Mario’s :)

Edited by mhoutman

I ordered an Arte di Mano and will receive it in a few weeks. 

The Angelo Pelle case for CL has an optional but horrible bling bling grip not covered in leather

The green Chinese case above looks IMO very neat and has a clean stitching. Exceptional value for the money if it also smells like leather. (Annie Bartons leathers for example smell like plastics)

Only issue I have with the Chinese case is the stitching under the lens. Otherwise it seems in every aspect so much better than Super Mario’s :)

Angelo Pello is making another case for CL with battery opening. I also find the metallic handgrip not very attractive, but it is only optional; but the leather seems to be top notch. I am also waiting for the final result to decide what case I am going to choose.

As for the Chinese case, I wish the stitches were not white but black for the black case. Also, If it was higher, it would have been better protection for the camera. I asked to see the matching neck strap, but I really didn't like it at all. 

Edited by Louis

The picture of the beautiful upcoming  case I just received fro Angelo Pelle!... looks really nice.

Edited by Louis

As for the Chinese case, I wish the stitches were not white but black for the black case. Also, If it was higher, it would have been better protection for the camera. I asked to see the matching neck strap, but I really didn't like it at all.

Yes I have that mentioned black case with white stitching.

Of course it’s a matter of personal taste, and for me it looks very nice, the stitching is almost invisible.

And this delicate stitching goes well with white lettering on the back of camera, and with my rope style black strap from Artisan&Artist.

What I do like with this case, its inside is made black, a very soft felt-like material. Red insides are too aggressive for me.

As for being “half-cass” — it is very adequate, it protects the camera very well. The main thing for me is that the cutting of leather is very precise, and fits the design of the camera, and its functional elements perfectly. In comparison, Luigi’s case was just pure awful. This China made case, made from good leather, costs a small fraction what the Italian artisans command.

Edited by meerec

It smells real leather, very nice. No plastic materials. The inside of the case is soft. And black, which I like.

The stitching under the lens is not bothering visually or functionally.

• Like 1

Yet, another interesting solution and design for CL. But I am not sure about the grip!... and, the "vegetable leather"!

http://www.limsdesign.com/product/detail.html?product_no=177&cate_no=1&display_group=2

BTW, why Leica is hiding the red dot with their CL case? Are they ashamed of it?... B)

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1

Yet, another interesting solution and design for CL. But I am not sure about the grip!... and, the "vegetable leather"!

http://www.limsdesign.com/product/detail.html?product_no=177&cate_no=1&display_group=2

BTW, why Leica is hiding the red dot with their CL case? Are they ashamed of it?... B)

Anyone know when the Lim's case will be available for sale and from where we can buy?  I've been on the fence on getting an Arte Di Mano case... I have had them in the past and generally love their quality but just not sure I want to spend that much on a case again...

Anyone know when the Lim's case will be available for sale and from where we can buy?  I've been on the fence on getting an Arte Di Mano case... I have had them in the past and generally love their quality but just not sure I want to spend that much on a case again...

Arte di Mano is almost priced as they would have outsourced the manufacturing to Switzerland. Case with proper grip and battery door over US$/CHF 500.

I checked this last night with the US distributor. They reckon it should be available by the middle of March, cost $159.95. Should be in their Ebay shop.

http://stores.ebay.com/halfcaseny

Hope this helps.

Gerald

Gerald, which one? Are you talking about Arte di Mano or LIM?.... Is it possible that Arte di Mano would be at $159.95?

Sorry Louis, I should have been clearer. I was talking about the LIM case. I have one for the Leica Q and have been very happy. Good fit, nice leather, and also the handle works well for me. The Leica Q halfcase by LIM was cheaper though and I was told that this is due to the much better leather quality of the CL LIM halfcase.

BTW, not financially connected to company or distributor. :-)

Gerald

• Like 1

Received my Arte di mano case today. Fits perfectly unlike the Luigi case. Only issue I have is that the screen cover won’t fit with the Thumbs up on the camera. It can be forced on but if it was not quite as high it would fit perfectly (only needs a very small reduction)