Camera case for CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I heard a new version of Angelo Pelle half cases for CL with access to battery/SD will be available soon. I hope this is true; AP cases are the most beautiful I have seen.

That would be nice to have the battery door.

I also like a grip, but I'm not sure that I am partial to his black glossy or brass colored external grips on the leather. Just wish he'd make the grips more subtle.

Rob

• Like 2

I have tried the Leica case and the battery door is quite convenient.  The case gives the whole camera some added bulk and then does improve grip for me. I'd prefer to have a bump for the grip, but I am happy enough to stick with Leica's case. (Awaiting arrival of the black cases).

They had both colours in stock here. Card and battery access works well. In my eyes the brown look slick, so I've opted for the vintage brown one. So far I like it very much. Pricing for a Leica product is quite moderate, I find.

• Like 1

For anyone looking for a half case, this is worth a look, and very reasonably priced, allows battery/card access, and tripod fixing.  Having purchased cases from this seller for both Leica X Vario, and Fuji X Pro 2 in the past, I asked him to let me know when and if he would be making them for the CL.  He contacted me this morning to say they have them listed now and mine is on order.  I have always been happy with the quality, and it does offer some protection for the camera body.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-Leica-CL-Bottom-Open-/263464755154?var=&hash=item82f72f1077

• Like 1

For anyone looking for a half case, this is worth a look, and very reasonably priced, allows battery/card access, and tripod fixing.  Having purchased cases from this seller for both Leica X Vario, and Fuji X Pro 2 in the past, I asked him to let me know when and if he would be making them for the CL.  He contacted me this morning to say they have them listed now and mine is on order.  I have always been happy with the quality, and it does offer some protection for the camera body.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-Leica-CL-Bottom-Open-/263464755154?var=&hash=item82f72f1077

Certainly reasonably priced but do you think there is enough protection for the body? 

Rob

• Like 1

I know what you mean Rob, I would certainly have preferred the case to come up higher on the sides of the camera body - more like the Leica case.  However, I did have one of these cases on a X Vario which fitted in the same way and found in use it did the job.  For me it's generally the base of the camera that needs most protection.  The main reason I chose this seller and case was because the Leica X Vario case, and indeed the Fuji X Pro 2 case, both needed to be removed to access battery/card slots. Happy to see that Leica have addressed that this time with their case.  

• Like 1

They had both colours in stock here. Card and battery access works well. In my eyes the brown look slick, so I've opted for the vintage brown one. So far I like it very much. Pricing for a Leica product is quite moderate, I find.

I think the vintage brown looks great ion the black CL. (black seems more dull)  Is it possible to share some photos ?

Not a luxury version like Angelo Pelle :D , but it worked in similar construction perfect on the road with my X2 and my former Q:

For my next bicycle trip I built therefore the last days my waterproof handlebar bag from Ortlieb inside a little bit new. Now the CL fits perfect without any moving on the road. If the bag is good during the trip, I will build it in summer with aluminium instead of  the red plastic-parts.

Here you can find some pictures of the bags inside:

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/281534-fahrrad-lenkertasche-für-cl/

My CL will be arriving this... I will be waiting for Lim's Design CL case. I have one on my Q and I think it works well with reasonable pricing. The case will have an integrated acra Swiss plate... cool. Check out the blog here although I can't read Korean...

https://blog.naver.com/lims_manager/221185679189

Any information on the Grip shown on the Lim website? Where do you purchase these items from if you don’t speak/read Korean??

My CL will be arriving this... I will be waiting for Lim's Design CL case. I have one on my Q and I think it works well with reasonable pricing. The case will have an integrated acra Swiss plate... cool. Check out the blog here although I can't read Korean...

https://blog.naver.com/lims_manager/221185679189

Thanks!  That looks really nice... will be keeping an eye out for this one... hopefully they have different colors because I'm not sure I'm in to the contrast red stitching.  The grip on that site looks really nice too.