Camera case for CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just got from tekiac.de their Stealtcover for CL "upgraded" (at least on my opinion) with the hole for AF light.

It's a 3D print, it fits really very well adding a front extra-grip, it's very light and let you access to the battery/card door without removing it, some pictures below.

attachicon.gifL1009112.jpg

attachicon.gifL1009116.jpg

Thats cool.  

Edited by kalex

That looks nice!

The major difference between the A&A case and the Leica Protector seems to be the incorporation of a tripod screw mount into the case's securing bolt, in addition to the nice little grip bump on the right. The tripod mount would be very handy, and is the only reason that I often need to remove the Leica Protector from the camera. I could see swapping to this case for that convenience alone.

That looks nice!

The major difference between the A&A case and the Leica Protector seems to be the incorporation of a tripod screw mount into the case's securing bolt, in addition to the nice little grip bump on the right. The tripod mount would be very handy, and is the only reason that I often need to remove the Leica Protector from the camera. I could see swapping to this case for that convenience alone.

The A&A case is very neat. I also think the leather is of a better quality. Pity is, it is only available in brown. 

Edited by mhoutman

• 2 weeks later...

For what its worth....I don't like cases but Im always in the woods and setting the camera down on granite outcroppings etc. Also, it seems that Im pretty rough on fine objects.

Here are three Leica products that seem to be working for me and my CL.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

view 2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I do not know what others think, and what your judgement is, but to me it looks awful and not acceptable. Bad design, and poor (manual) labour.

This makes my half case I bought at eBay from China for $90 a marvel in design and hand making. Very happy with it.

I am considering a chinese case for the M240. At least in the seller’s pictures it looks just as good as the Arte Di Mano. But for USD80-90 it’s inevitable to wonder if the actual thing will be really that nice. Can you please share some pictures of yours? Where did you buy it?

I have the Leica Protector. It seems to be nicely made and a decent design, although why they went with a fixing screw covered by a bottom flap that opens in the opposite direction of the battery/card door is a mystery to me. Seems a little odd, and means I have to take the case off even for a casual couple of moments on the tripod or copy stand if I want to get to the card or change a battery (since I use R lenses, the tripod fixing itself is not covered—I use the tripod foot on the R Adapter M to fit a plate). Not a big deal but just another thing to manage when in the field.

Given that it's inexpensive, I decided to try one of the Jason Cui cases to see if it works better for me. I was reluctant to spend upwards of $250 for the others that allowed access to a tripod screw and battery/card cover that would work on copy stand and tripod.

Hi Louis,

Well, the Leica Protector was free ... got it and a spare battery instead of the M Adapter L as my bonus from the dealer since I already had the adapter ring. :) For free it was a darn good deal.

I looked at the Angelo Pelle cases. The leatherwork looks beautiful, and very stylish, but they all seem to have that rear flap over the LCD.. That would get in my way: I use the LCD screen quite a lot when shooting, particularly when using a tripod or copystand. But beyond that, it seems to be $250 plus shipping, which again seems a lot of money just to have something to protect the body. (I'm not so concerned with the stylishness aspect of it, as long as it fits well.)

I'm willing to risk $60 to evaluate the JasonCui case. It may be a dud, but I've spent more on other things that were duds in the past. If it works but the fit isn't up to what I want, I'll look at other options again.

Hi Louis,

Well, the Leica Protector was free ... got it and a spare battery instead of the M Adapter L as my bonus from the dealer since I already had the adapter ring. :) For free it was a darn good deal.

I looked at the Angelo Pelle cases. The leatherwork looks beautiful, and very stylish, but they all seem to have that rear flap over the LCD.. That would get in my way: I use the LCD screen quite a lot when shooting, particularly when using a tripod or copystand. But beyond that, it seems to be $250 plus shipping, which again seems a lot of money just to have something to protect the body. (I'm not so concerned with the stylishness aspect of it, as long as it fits well.)

I'm willing to risk $60 to evaluate the JasonCui case. It may be a dud, but I've spent more on other things that were duds in the past. If it works but the fit isn't up to what I want, I'll look at other options again.

So far, everything I red from Jason owners has been very positive. I think you will be happy with it. You can’t be wrong with that price. :) Edited by Louis