Camera case for CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So, I got my new CL. I always buy leather cases for my cameras to protect them. It looks like Leica's case for the CL won't be available until the Spring. That sucks! I wrote to Zhou and he has no plans to make one. 

Does anybody know if any third party is making, or is planning to make, a case for the camera?

Thanks!

Marc

• Like 1

I'm debating on whether I get the case for it with a 'bump'  or the actual OEM grip. I do feel I need some more grip on the camera, it feels like it could slip out of my hand or is a bit unsteady with a heavier lens.

Not sure which way to go tho!

I had the grip on order, and the thumb. Cancelled it.

I’m going with the OEM Protector CL case. I have the black case on Q and love it. This will be the same.

• Like 1

I had the grip on order, and the thumb. Cancelled it.

I’m going with the OEM Protector CL case. I have the black case on Q and love it. This will be the same.

Maybe I wait until they have one at Michaels  and try it on the body with my 55-135 and see how it feels, with some luck i can try the grip at the same time and then decide!

Thanks, all! I bought a black case from Luigi Cases. It looks beautiful. Yes, it's expensive, but what's the point in spending $3000 for a camera and then banging it around until it breaks. With me, that could happen..... :-) He's shipping it to me on 1/4/18. I can't wait to get it on the camera!

• Like 1

So, I got my new CL. I always buy leather cases for my cameras to protect them. It looks like Leica's case for the CL won't be available until the Spring. That sucks! I wrote to Zhou and he has no plans to make one. 

Does anybody know if any third party is making, or is planning to make, a case for the camera?

Thanks!

Marc

My case from Luigi should be delivered tomorrow.

- Vikas

• Like 1

I can't wait to get it. Does it look as good in the flesh as on the net?

I should know tomorrow. I liked Luigi’s case for the M9 very much. For the M10 the Leica branded case looks very good. Kind of factory-make and sleek. Luigi’s cases have more hand-made and substantial feel to them and I think mine was ordered with a small bump on the right for grip.

- Vikas

• Like 2

My case from Luigi should be delivered tomorrow.

- Vikas

The Luigi half-case for the Leica CL. It can be ordered with without a strap. The detachable rear cover is optional and can be specified as a cover that hangs down instead of detaching of can be omitted altogether. I think he will also make a full case if you want one. He also offered me choice of colour for the stitching and leather.

I am not sure if it comes through in the photographs but the workmanship is wonderful and the interior of the case and the rear protector is lined with the soft material just visible on the inside of the shoulder pad in the first picture.

Good stuff.

- Vikas

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

I might be alone here, but I think those leather cases look absolutely awful. :huh:

As a vegetarian I feel bad for the cows, but I hope you (and let?) enjoy the solitude ;-)

On a practical note, I found it makes the camera a bit easier to handle with larger lenses. If I was mainly using the 18mm or 23mm, I confess I would prefer it without the case.

- Vikas

Edited by vikasmg