Camera case for CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Life can be difficult and so does sometimes making up my mind. On my search for a perfect case for my CL I finally took the plunge and ordered two cases at Arte di Mano in South Korea.

A ‘Minerva Box’ leather in black with black stitching and a ‘Rally’ leather in ‘volpe’ with light brown stitching. Additionally the cases have the battery door and an extended grip, the Aventino. 

With both cases I got the ‘Classic’ straps in same leather, color and stitching.

After some weeks waiting the parcel came today and I almost fell from my chair because the cases are so awesome. The attention for detail and quality is amazing. It fits like a glove and has all battery acces, tripod screw mount, Thumb Up support and a excellent grip.

Through the years I got leather straps, cases and bags from Leica, Artisan & Artist, ONA, Rock n Roll, Luigi and Barton so I have some reference, but my latest addition is simply the best.

Of course the price is sky high and I know a nice case makes no  better photos but believe me I am a very happy person. 

If you need more photos please message me with your e-mail info and I am happy to send you some photos.

If above sound like an advertorial, just know I paid the full price ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

and the Rally Volpe

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Great pictures Michiel, my internet for some reason is really slow but I am downloading your picture file you emailed to me. Also interesting to see the 2 different thumbs up models. I will be doing the same as you have and going with the Leica model.

As a FYI for everyone, the Lim's case is available on eBay now...

Brown - LIM'S Genuine Leather Camera Half Case Metal Grip for Leica CL Brown Dovetail

Black - LIM'S Genuine Leather Camera Half Case Metal Grip for Leica CL Black Dovetail

I'm considering the brown one as I don't really like the red stitching on the black version...  Also, not really wanting to pay the $$$ for an arte di mano case...

Brown - LIM'S Genuine Leather Camera Half Case Metal Grip for Leica CL Brown Dovetail

Black - LIM'S Genuine Leather Camera Half Case Metal Grip for Leica CL Black Dovetail

I'm considering the brown one as I don't really like the red stitching on the black version... Also, not really wanting to pay the $$$ for an arte di mano case...

We need a write in campaign for black stitching! I wrote him but no luck.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We need a write in campaign for black stitching! I wrote him but no luck.

Yeah I asked the seller but they just told me that Lim's doesn't make one with black stitching... I'm thinking I'll just get the brown one and condition liberally until the leather darkens to the shade I want...

One other idea I just had was to buy the black case and use some fabric pens to stain the stitching black... anyone ever used any pens like the “stained by sharpie” pens? From what I’ve seen on other forums it seems like it should work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I asked the seller but they just told me that Lim's doesn't make one with black stitching... I'm thinking I'll just get the brown one and condition liberally until the leather darkens to the shade I want...

Don't you consider the Leica Protector case ? Sure it misses the grip but it has has an elegant battery door flap which works quite well.. I had one and darkened it.

On darkening the red stitching on the black one I have my doubts. Sure fit will last for a couple of days but after a while the red comes back....and it will look ugly as hell.

Darrening the white stitching on the brown one is much easier :)

Edited by mhoutman

Curious colored stitching indeed. I would have been tempted by the little Chinese half case above for the rare occasions when i don't bring a camera bag or combination case otherwise. 

Edited by lct

Brown - LIM'S Genuine Leather Camera Half Case Metal Grip for Leica CL Brown Dovetail

Black - LIM'S Genuine Leather Camera Half Case Metal Grip for Leica CL Black Dovetail

I'm considering the brown one as I don't really like the red stitching on the black version...  Also, not really wanting to pay the $$$ for an arte di mano case...

Well, to me the case is aweful, but kudos to them as they are the only one not covering the status led at the back  :D

Well I ordered the 

I ended up ordering the case in brown!  We'll see how it looks in person... it may not be as good looking as the arte di mano case but at the price point + all the built in extras (grip, tripod plate, battery cutout) I figured it's at least worth a try...

I received my Lim’s black half case today.  The red stitching is no more attractive in real life. However, an hour of careful work with a sharpie fine point solved the problem to a large extent.  Will the fix be durable?  Time will tell.

I had been using the Leica grip, but Lim’s case offered the addition of easy access to battery and card as well as the tripod plate.

I’d used the Lim’s half case for the Q and was very happy with it. I use an Arte de Mano with an M240 and like it too, but for the price, the Lim’s was an easy choice.

• Like 1

I received my Lim’s black half case today.  The red stitching is no more attractive in real life. However, an hour of careful work with a sharpie fine point solved the problem to a large extent.  Will the fix be durable?  Time will tell.

I had been using the Leica grip, but Lim’s case offered the addition of easy access to battery and card as well as the tripod plate.

I’d used the Lim’s half case for the Q and was very happy with it. I use an Arte de Mano with an M240 and like it too, but for the price, the Lim’s was an easy choice.

Is it easy to see the status LED trough the small punch hole at the back  :unsure:

Edited by mhoutman

Wow! …. Angelo Pelle case for CL!

What a beauty!

I just received my Angelo Pelle case and neck strap for my CL; and I love it! The leather is top notch; it fits great; opening for battery and SD card; tripod connection; and it is, believe it or not, much cheaper than Luigi or Arte de Mano!

I highly recommend. http://angelo-pelle.com/index.html

p2773541112-4.jpg

p2773541113-4.jpg

p2773541114-4.jpg

p2773541115-4.jpg

• Like 3