Camera case for CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Buying a camera for the small size. Fattening it by layers of thick leather and huge bumps. I don't get it.

Bit bizarre indeed. We had (n)ever ready cases in the past, they had some advantages and i may find handy to use one when i bring a single lens instead of carrying a larger case but the rationale of half cases escapes me i must say. They hardly help for heat dissipation and don't protect against humidity either particularly if they have a trap door in the bottom. Fashion accessories? Just curious.

Edited by lct

Scratches on the bottom plate can be an issue as well. My M bodies had a plastic protection there but my CL has none so i've got a worn out screw head there already. Now i don't carry the CL with a single lens usually so i prefer a small case with two or three lenses the same way as i do with my other bodies personally. YMMV.

• Like 2

Buying a camera for the small size. Fattening it by layers of thick leather and huge bumps. I don't get it.

For me it'd be to offer a little protection for the camera but mostly to give the camera a little better grip... as is the camera is just a little too thin for my hands and a case would help with that.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Bit bizarre indeed. We had (n)ever ready cases in the past, they had some advantages and i may find handy to use one when i bring a single lens instead of carrying a larger case but the rationale of half cases escapes me i must say. They hardly help for heat dissipation and don't protect against humidity either particularly if they have a trap door in the bottom. Fashion accessories? Just curious.

Some people buy $1200 iPhones and use it without any case, if you know what I mean....;)

• Like 1

Last couple of days I tried the CL with the Leica vintage halfcase and strap. The Leica half case has a neat design to open the bottom plate for battery and card. You can even mount a small coin in the flap. The strap is much to rigid and it is questionable if it will ever break in. 

Today I got the CL hand grip and I do like it…well I can’t mount a tripod anymore and of course changing battery and card will take some more efforts.

I also got a black Peak Design Slide Lite. (latest version). IMO this is the perfect choice for the CL so it’s a keeper.

Next is the Thumbs Up which will arrive tomorrow from Germany.

As case for the CL with some lenses I will use my old Billingham combination case for M System

Edited by mhoutman

Some people buy $1200 iPhones and use it without any case, if you know what I mean.... ;)

Well i believe i do but i don't understand how a camera in a half case can be better protected than in a full one. Or perhaps you're using both cases for the same camera? I must be missing something obvious here but i can't seem to figure out what it may be...

Well i believe i do but i don't understand how a camera in a half case can be better protected than in a full one. Or perhaps you're using both cases for the same camera? I must be missing something obvious here but i can't seem to figure out what it may be...

Oops, I missed the point on half case versus full case, sorry. That said my iPhones have always wallet cases, the CL is currently naked :)

• Like 1

Yes Jaap it is a little funny, but I found the CL pleasantly small but very slippy in my hands.

So I used the Thumbie from Steve and added the adjusted Luigicases for my comfort, not specially for protection.

Some pict. for those interested.

Have a good day and pictures.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by papimuzo
  • Like 2

Thumbs Up for CL just came in and in combination with the CL hand grip it is for me the way to go. It is shorter and more curved than the Leica Thumb support.

Interesting why them made it shorter as now the thumb is more in front of the display. 

Will you be in Nijmegen June 2nd? I'd like to see it - probably not for me, though.

Yes Jaap it is a little funny, but I found the CL pleasantly small but very slippy in my hands.

So I used the Thumbie from Steve and added the adjusted Luigicases for my comfort, not specially for protection.

Some pict. for those interested.

Have a good day and pictures.

What model Thumbie is that? It looks like one for the M9? Did it require any special fitting?