Camera case for CL

• 3 weeks later...

I agree; I have it for my CL and love it....

I just got the Angelo Pelle case for my CL.

Great quality as usual.

One issue though... the TU will not fully engage into the hot shoe. It's in 80% or so... and I don't see it coming off, but would be nice if the back of the case didn't come up quite as high, or had a cut out for the TU.

Are you guys using a TU with the case??

Pic below...

APQ-5.JPG

Edited by Donzo98

I've not really found much use for "thumbs up" devices like that. Both the Leica Protector and the other half case I have afford more than enough grip such that no other grip aid is required, for me. The thumbs up when I tried it just seems to get in my way.

I've not really found much use for "thumbs up" devices like that. Both the Leica Protector and the other half case I have afford more than enough grip such that no other grip aid is required, for me. The thumbs up when I tried it just seems to get in my way.

Yeah..that's fine. I happen to love the Thumbs Up for my CL, SL and previous Q ( as many people do).

Also... that wasn't my question... :)

• 11 months later...
On 8/16/2018 at 2:42 AM, jay968 said:

The Artisan & Artist case looks very nice, but does anyone know if you can still use the Leica Thumb Grip with it? It looks like they may interfere with each other.

Just received my Artisan & Artist case today. I already had the Leica Thumb grip. I can confirm that the two work together perfectly. The Thumb grip comes close to the leather on the top but does not touch. 

In addition to excellent looks, fit and finish, far more affordable price (than comparable alternatives) the A&A has added advantage of tripod mount, easy / elegant magnetic battery door with easy access to both battery and SD card. Last but not least they incorporate a slot for extra SD card on the back of the battery door. 

Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

On 8/16/2018 at 2:42 AM, jay968 said:

The Artisan & Artist case looks very nice, but does anyone know if you can still use the Leica Thumb Grip with it? It looks like they may interfere with each other.

Following up on prior reply here are series of photos of the Artisan & Artist case. First photo of back camera shows how nicely it integrates with the Leica Thumb grip.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2018 at 1:04 AM, Donzo98 said:

I just got the Angelo Pelle case for my CL.

Great quality as usual.

One issue though... the TU will not fully engage into the hot shoe. It's in 80% or so... and I don't see it coming off, but would be nice if the back of the case didn't come up quite as high, or had a cut out for the TU.

Are you guys using a TU with the case??

Pic below...

Was admiring your red soft release button.

Do you Mind sharing where you got it ?

Also assume it uses some kind of adhesive since CL shutter release won’t accept screw on model. Is this correct?

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, NicholasT said:

Was admiring your red soft release button.

Do you Mind sharing where you got it ?

Also assume it uses some kind of adhesive since CL shutter release won’t accept screw on model. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Lolumina mini... very cool. 

24 minutes ago, Kyros Moutsouris said:

Nice camera/lens combo! May I ask where do you share results?

Kyros,

Hope others will forgive my going off topic as I've not posted any feedback on camera / lens combo. I'm relatively new to the forum having made the recent switch from Nikon to Leica CL / Q2. I actually purchased the Sigma 45mm 2.8 based on the kind recommendation of a longtime forum member Marac.

I already had a good compliment of lens for my CL when I acquired the Sigma ( 11-23, 18mm, 35 /1.4, 55-135). My favorite lens without hesitation is the TL 35mm 1.4 (no surprise). If I had to name what has become my second most used lens, it would be the Sigma 45mm 2.8 shown in above photos.

I believe the Sigma is the perfect match for the CL and would go so far as to recommend it as a "must have" for any CL owner, that is of course assuming that the focal range of 67mm is one that CL owner is comfortable using.

The lens is small and light (almost qualifies as a pancake without the hood) yet it feels very well built, at 2.8 its clearly not the fastest lens but hits the right balance from personal perspective between speed and portability. I've found the IQ to be very good. While it doesn't have the shallowest depth of field it renders beautifully. The hood while not tiny is well balanced and is one the most elegant I've seen in terms of its ridged border and has a very solid "satisfying" connection to the lens. Last but not least lens is very well priced for value delivered.

I'm hoping that Sigma will introduce additional different focal lengths with same 2.8 aperture or slightly faster.

These are my initial impressions. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nicholas

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NicholasT said:

Kyros,

Hope others will forgive my going off topic as I've not posted any feedback on camera / lens combo. I'm relatively new to the forum having made the recent switch from Nikon to Leica CL / Q2. I actually purchased the Sigma 45mm 2.8 based on the kind recommendation of a longtime forum member Marac.

I already had a good compliment of lens for my CL when I acquired the Sigma ( 11-23, 18mm, 35 /1.4, 55-135). My favorite lens without hesitation is the TL 35mm 1.4 (no surprise). If I had to name what has become my second most used lens, it would be the Sigma 45mm 2.8 shown in above photos.

I believe the Sigma is the perfect match for the CL and would go so far as to recommend it as a "must have" for any CL owner, that is of course assuming that the focal range of 67mm is one that CL owner is comfortable using.

The lens is small and light (almost qualifies as a pancake without the hood) yet it feels very well built, at 2.8 its clearly not the fastest lens but hits the right balance from personal perspective between speed and portability. I've found the IQ to be very good. While it doesn't have the shallowest depth of field it renders beautifully. The hood while not tiny is well balanced and is one the most elegant I've seen in terms of its ridged border and has a very solid "satisfying" connection to the lens. Last but not least lens is very well priced for value delivered.

I'm hoping that Sigma will introduce additional different focal lengths with same 2.8 aperture or slightly faster.

These are my initial impressions. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nicholas

Thank you, looking forward to see results

3 hours ago, Kyros Moutsouris said:

Thank you, looking forward to see results

I will post some images in appropriate thread soon.

In the meantime forgot to mention that aperture ring on the 45mm / 2.8 is a huge plus on the Sigma. I'm getting use to not having it on the Leica TL glass but find its a nice bonus having the ring on this lens. The tactile feel of the aperture ring and "clicks" is not quite M glass like but not that far off.

• Like 1

I made it simple: leica case with cl + summarit-m 50/2.4

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, stephengv said:

Is the Artisan and Artist worth it? How’s the quality? Does it add “grip” ? Having problem with my Leica CL and the 35 Summilux TL. A bit front heavy. I need an added grip. Leica Thumbs up is insufficient. 

Artisan and Artist definitely worth it! 

I have Thumbs up as well and find the combo with Artisan and Artist is perfect. It provides the missing support with larger lens like the 35 Summilux TL which I also have. I use my CL with SL 90 F2 which is even larger.

The quality on the AA is excellent. Also its priced considerably lower than covers that are not nearly as good or as attractive.