Camera case for CL

Yes, of course; I was referring to LIM case. I like the design and find it quite nice with black stitches as another poster made; but, I was not too crazy about the hand grip. I know that some people like it and find it practical, but to my eyes, it is too much on this little shape. I prefer a "cleaner" look.

Did you ever try the Leica grip? The LIM’s looks like an exact copy yet integrated in a half case. Just clever people at LIM’s as they also copied the Leica Thumb Support.

Although I also have the Arte di mano half case with Aventino grip, the Leica grip feels still ergonomically superior to me.

• Like 1

Did you ever try the Leica grip? The LIM’s looks like an exact copy yet integrated in a half case. Just clever people at LIM’s as they also copied the Leica Thumb Support.

Although I also have the Arte di mano half case with Aventino grip, the Leica grip feels still ergonomically superior to me.

I never used any grip and I don’t think I will. I prefer to adapt to any camera size and shape, and to feel the camera in my hands.

Again, this is me; I know that many others love to add these extras to their cameras and feel more comfortable with them. ;)

I'd like to strongly recommend my Jason Cui case from China

I have bought from him previously for loads of different cameras and they are consistently excellent

Only $54 /  £39

no point spending 100s

Beautifully made with a battery door and steel screw connector (which I don't use). He also sent me a free strap (can't guarantee this on every order), which I don't use as I have a A&A strap

Here is the link;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-Leica-CL-Bottom-Open/263464755154?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=562492805239&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

And here is a bad picture I took last night:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by colonel
  • Like 5

I have bought from him previously for loads of different cameras and they are consistently excellent

Only $54 /  £39

no point spending 100s

Beautifully made with a battery door and steel screw connector (which I don't use). He also sent me a free strap (can't guarantee this on every order), which I don't use as I have a A&A strap

Here is the link;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Real-Leather-Half-Camera-Case-Bag-Cover-for-Leica-CL-Bottom-Open/263464755154?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=562492805239&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

attachicon.gifcase1.jpg

+1

I bought the same case and couldn’t be happier.

Even got the hand strap and a hand written ‘thank you’ note.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Only $54 /  £39

no point spending 100s

Here is the link;

attachicon.gifcase1.jpg

I got the same. Fits perfect. I am fully satisfied.

The metal screw even allows to mount e.g. a Acra plate. With my Peak Design Acra plate mounted, the battery and SD card door can be easily opened.

• Like 2

• Like 1

I received LIM's case and Thumb grip for CL yesterday. Beautifully made, and a big plus that the case has the Arca-Swiss plate integrated and a grip on the front. I'm quite impressed by the finish of both items. Recommended. And the Thumb grip doesn't seem to block the access to the upper dials too much. Good...

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly not for everyone but I've just received the Tekiac Stealthcover - I'm very impressed, the tolerances are excellent. One thing though, there's no hole for the AF assist lamp. I shall email them to check whether I can drill this material without the whole thing shattering!

c82639d345450da9d430e40e3f35b6de.jpgd7ffd04f09eeadfc31cd5d7e053e456d.jpg06320958b130fd4c976ba7d733dc96ea.jpg

Edited by Daniel_GT
  • Like 1

Clearly not for everyone but I've just received the Tekiac Stealthcover - I'm very impressed, the tolerances are excellent. One thing though, there's no hole for the AF assist lamp. I shall email them to check whether I can drill this material without the whole thing shattering!

As I suspected, drilling is a bad idea! The structural integrity will be badly affected. However, Olaf has informed me that another variant with the hole for AF assist may be on the way in a few weeks.

Still, I'm really happy with it!

Edited by Daniel_GT

Arte Dimano's are imo, the best! Here's one in black minerva with black stitching. It's also for sale on Ebay.

Only $54 /  £39

no point spending 100s

Here is the link;

attachicon.gifcase1.jpg

Yes!  I have one of these half cases by Jason Cui too.  Wonderfully made, fits very well on my CL and because it connects to the camera via the tripod mount you don't end up with your strap rings sticking out horizontally from the little straps on the case running behind the lugs.

I ran a black Sharpie over the white trim thread.  'Worked well.

. . . David

• Like 1

As I was unhappy with the old design of Arte di Mano case back part, I suggested some modifications which were then custom made.

For the old design look here: 

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/280367-camera-case-for-cl/?p=3472359

I went for the Lim's half-case. I know, it's a lot more $$ than the simpler Chinese half cases, but who are we kidding? We didn't buy Leicas to save money. I have the 18-55 zoom and am planning on getting the 35 2.8, so the larger 'footprint' of the Lim's case actually balances out the lens/body sizes and weight. I was skeptical of my need for the handgrip, but I'm finding a lot more security holding the camera when I'm NOT taking a photograph, and am holding the camera by my side one-handed. When I shoot I invariably cradle the bottom of the camera body with the left hand, so it's not a big deal to have the grip. I'm still trying to decide about the utility of the dovetail plate, and if it's a standard used in some of the cheap portable tripods I see on Amazon. I'm not going to be using my Gitzo Studex for this system.

I went for the Lim's half-case. I know, it's a lot more $$ than the simpler Chinese half cases, but who are we kidding? We didn't buy Leicas to save money. I have the 18-55 zoom and am planning on getting the 35 2.8, so the larger 'footprint' of the Lim's case actually balances out the lens/body sizes and weight. I was skeptical of my need for the handgrip, but I'm finding a lot more security holding the camera when I'm NOT taking a photograph, and am holding the camera by my side one-handed. When I shoot I invariably cradle the bottom of the camera body with the left hand, so it's not a big deal to have the grip. I'm still trying to decide about the utility of the dovetail plate, and if it's a standard used in some of the cheap portable tripods I see on Amazon. I'm not going to be using my Gitzo Studex for this system.

I have Lim's half-case for the Q and am extremely pleased. Great value. Contemplating buying a CL also, and, if I do, will certainly by his half-case as well.

So, I got my new CL. I always buy leather cases for my cameras to protect them. It looks like Leica's case for the CL won't be available until the Spring. That sucks! I wrote to Zhou and he has no plans to make one. 

Does anybody know if any third party is making, or is planning to make, a case for the camera?

Thanks!

Marc

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253394832229