My New CL!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got my CL a couple of days ago and have been experimenting with it ever since. I finally got the settings where I liked them So far, my only beefs are that the left wheel is a bit too far away, and that I can't get my computer to see the camera at all. I can shoot tethered with it via wifi and the app. If anyone has any tips for me solving that latter problem, it would be appreciated.

All in all, and I'm coming from a "T." the CL is head and shoulders better. I'm a pro fotog and have shot with 1DmkIII's and 5Dmk2's. I also have shot extensively using Only OMD em-1's.

There is no question that the CL outshines these cameras. (It is unlikely that the CL will outperform my 1DmkIII tracking action.)

However, the DNG files from the CL are WONDERFUL! I have found that the ISO performance is terrific. With a little denoising in dFine2.0, even the highest ISO's are usable in a pinch.

It's weird, but I have found that the jpgs, even when sharpness and saturation are bumped up, the DNG files outshine them hugely. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.... No biggie, though, because I never use jpgs.

All in all, I am MOST pleased. It's beautiful, functional, and works the way a camera should.

I'll be selling my T very shortly.

Those TL lenses are wonderful on this camera, too!

WOW is all I have to say!

Kudos to Leica!

Marc Weinberg

• Like 6