Mono 246 case

Kamyar

Whatever you fancy. There are tons of threads and suggestions on this and other fora about half cases and ever-ready cases for the Leica M, but in my opinion - and it is of course only my opinion, the best is no case. I prefer my own scratches and marks - and I like to hold the camera without anything interfering between the camera and my hands. I really dislike bling or accessories unless they serve a very functional purpose.

As I said it's only my opinion, but if you buy a Leica camera you'll probably keep it for many years even if they release new versions every now and then. And with normal use you'll end up with scratches no matter what you do to protect it. And if not it won't see proper use and you cannot become a better photographer. Why acquire a camera you are afraid of putting to good use?

Personally I suspect that a few of those who buy an expensive half case from one of the boutique brands are just as anxious about scratches and marks on their half cases.

You have a Leica camera. It's supposed to endure a fair bit of rain, snow, cold, heat, being knocked about a little etc. Use it!

Edited by Mr Fjeld
  • Like 2

Whatever you fancy. There are tons of threads and suggestions on this and other fora about half cases and ever-ready cases for the Leica M, but in my opinion - and it is of course only my opinion, the best is no case. I prefer my own scratches and marks - and I like to hold the camera without anything interfering between the camera and my hands. I really dislike bling or accessories unless they serve a very functional purpose.

As I said it's only my opinion, but if you buy a Leica camera you'll probably keep it for many years even if they release new versions every now and then. And with normal use you'll end up with scratches no matter what you do to protect it. And if not it won't see proper use and you cannot become a better photographer. Why acquire a camera you are afraid of putting to good use?

Personally I suspect that a few of those who buy an expensive half case from one of the boutique brands are just as anxious about scratches and marks on their half cases.

You have a Leica camera. It's supposed to endure a fair bit of rain, snow, cold, heat, being knocked about a little etc. Use it!

good idea. thanks a lot

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A caution on the cheaper cases.  Sometimes the chemicals use to process the leather interact with the coatings of the metal parts of the camera.  Buyer beware.

On the original query, the M full case is nice and quick, if a little floppy with the nose, and Leicatime makes lovely items as well.

Eric

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

good idea. thanks a lot

Actually, I take it all back  :D

I recently bought the 240 M/MP cause and the black A la carte strap. Yes, the camera feels a little thicker but it's still nice to hold and the grip is perhaps even better.

Did you buy it yourself?

• 3 weeks later...