Battery Release Lever Not Functioning

Aldrestop

Providing to start with you didn’t put battery in wrong way round ejection is fairly streight forward; operate battery lever, battery pops out a bit, push battery gently in, battery is released and ready to be removed.

If when you operate lever nothing happens I suggest you tap the bottom of the battery with your finger to get it moving. I must say SL battery release is the probably one of the better ones on modern cameras and can’t imagine it faulting, if so I will e corrected.

Providing to start with you didn’t put battery in wrong way round ejection is fairly streight forward; operate battery lever, battery pops out a bit, push battery gently in, battery is released and ready to be removed.

If when you operate lever nothing happens I suggest you tap the bottom of the battery with your finger to get it moving. I must say SL battery release is the probably one of the better ones on modern cameras and can’t imagine it faulting, if so I will e corrected.

Tapped it many times, still unable to release the battery

This happened with my S.  I had placed a label on the battery that added enough thickness to jam the battery in the body, the release did not work.  I was able to remove it by pushing the release lever and at the same time pushing the tiny exposed edge of the battery (where it contacts the camera) over slightly.  Trial and error, you will see the battery move slightly when pushing the correct position, then you will have to finesse it out if it doesn't pop up.  It took time and patience but the battery was removed without damage, the label was promptly discarded.  

Edited by darylgo

This happened with my S. I had placed a label on the battery that added enough thickness to jam the battery in the body, the release did not work. I was able to remove it by pushing the release lever and at the same time pushing the tiny exposed edge of the battery (where it contacts the camera) over slightly. Trial and error, you will see the battery move slightly when pushing the correct position, then you will have to finesse it out if it doesn't pop up. It took time and patience but the battery was removed without damage, the label was promptly discarded.

What label did you use?

Gentlemen, on at least five different SL bodies that I have had a pleasure to touch the battery eject mechanism worked just fine. If one follows instructions and does not "improve" battery design with stickers, this is the best and simplest and the most fool-proof design that I've seen ever. It does not require any additional tools and/or secret techniques. Just read the manual first.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...