CL with 11-23 Can't Focus in dim

CKho

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I got mine with 11-23 f3.5-4.5, and found

- very warm color ( Yellow Skin)

- Picture darker than actual (f3.5)

- Cant focus in dim :f3.5 ( while my em1 mkii+ 8-18 pana leica no any problem) Take pic compare with Auto mode

- Hard to focus even in day light (f3.5)

- Heat Body during sync with App (Iphone)

Anyone use 11-23 with CL, Would you share your experience?

1. Check your white balance settings. (note that modern LED lights will produce a strong yellow cast) - use a grey card in difficult light.

2. Picture darker than actual - sorry, I don't quite follow. Do you mean the EVF? In that case switch on exposure simulation. However, in general, I find that the camera tends to underexpose a bit, probably to protect highlights. Use the histogram and EV compensation

3. Switch on the focus light.

4. Hard to focus in daylight? AF should be very quick and accurate. Manual focus - use focus magnification.

5. That is normal, when the processor has to work hard such a compact body will tend to warm up.

I think you might need a bit of time to familiarize yourself with the camera. Most of us do - with any new camera.

• Like 1

1. Check your white balance settings. (note that modern LED lights will produce a strong yellow cast) - use a grey card in difficult light.

2. Picture darker than actual - sorry, I don't quite follow. Do you mean the EVF? In that case switch on exposure simulation. However, in general, I find that the camera tends to underexpose a bit, probably to protect highlights. Use the histogram and EV compensation

3. Switch on the focus light.

4. Hard to focus in daylight? AF should be very quick and accurate. Manual focus - use focus magnification.

5. That is normal, when the processor has to work hard such a compact body will tend to warm up.

I think you might need a bit of time to familiarize yourself with the camera. Most of us do - with any new camera.

I will take pic tonight attached for your suggest.

Used with T, TL2, CL with none of the issues you report. 

Check your camera settings.  ;)

thighslapper Thanks a lot, I do clear all setting, but still dark

Edited by CKho