Focus point question.... sorry!

Donzo98

I prefer the present manual focus behavior, reset to center after the exposure, but a quick manual reset would be useful. Retaining the focus point from shot to shot is only truly useful if I'm doing setup/tabletop work with the camera on a tripod or stand.

• 2 years later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:13 AM, Siran said:

I think if you double tap the rear LCD the focus point is put back in the centre. You of course would need to have touch screen enabled. Hope that helps. 

Wow, this is awesome... here I was thinking it was impossible... ha!

• Like 1

Is there a way to just lock it in position in the center? I would love if it would just stay put in the center and never move again...I am used to the S and M etc, all cameras which are focus and recompose. I find that shooting with the Sl2, the focus point moves around a lot. I am a left eyed shooter, so perhaps my nose is the culprit...

3 hours ago, Stuart Richardson said:

Is there a way to just lock it in position in the center? I would love if it would just stay put in the center and never move again...I am used to the S and M etc, all cameras which are focus and recompose. I find that shooting with the Sl2, the focus point moves around a lot. I am a left eyed shooter, so perhaps my nose is the culprit...

I have turn off touch screen for focusing, it helps a little.

otherwise it is NO

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/9/2020 at 11:03 PM, tangfj said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but anyone know if this is possible to reset to center easily? I'm on the latest firmware on a SL2 but haven't found any way other than using the joystick to manually move it back to center.

This is another minor issue I have with the SL. Every camera I owned have this feature, which is really useful. I wish they could add this in a firmware update in the future.

4 hours ago, Jean-Michel said:

Super easy to fix: just set one of your function buttons to set the recentrer focus point. I use one of the top buttons for that. To set the function, do the long press and pick the selection you want. 

Took me a while to figure this out some time ago. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 2:53 PM, Jean-Michel said:

Super easy to fix: just set one of your function buttons to set the recentrer focus point. I use one of the top buttons for that. To set the function, do the long press and pick the selection you want.

great thank you!