Go Figure

New vs Old > M9 sensor lines increase after Leica USA repair

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Further, here is an image shot with the M9's new-gen sensor. 

underexposed at ISO 640, and pushed to around an equivalent ISO of 12800.

The banding is not nearly as obvious as what I've seen the old-gen sensor produced at a mere 2-stop push when paired with a 32GB 94mb/sec SD card or a 1st-gen Toshiba WIFI SD card.

Lovely tones! Better than my film M night shots with 400 pushed @3200.

Bottom line ... after the holidays I spoke to my contact @ Leica > he confirmed that some sensors perform not as good as others > they changed the sensor again  > got it back yesterday ( after sending it in in June of last year and then again in November)

3rd sensor performs as expected   ... Go figure

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By robsonj
      - Leica M Typ 240
      - Screen protector (already on the camera, the protector has some surface scratches)
      - ThumbsUp grip
      - Leather case (unused)
      - Olympus EVF2 (logo removed, see pic)
      - RRS M240 L Bracket
      - Battery
      - Battery Charger
      - Neck strap (unused)
      - Original packaging and documents
      Everything is in fully working condition. As you can see there is some brassing on the body. The EVF2 I purchased used, the previous owner had removed the Olympus logo. The EVF works perfectly, though I didn't use it very much. The base plate is in excellent condition, it along with the leather case have been stored in the original packaging unused, I used the RRS baseplate on the camera.
      Price includes PayPal fees and insured shipping via FedEx to CONUS.
      Shutter count is hard to know, from the numbering of my dog files I'd say its in the 5000-10000 range.
      Happy to take additional photos and answer any questions.
      I have many sample shots taken with this camera on my Flickr feed for reference... https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=26449190%40N00&sort=date-taken-desc&view_all=1&text=Leica M 240
    • By Andrk
      Hi guys, 
      I am sure this topic is covered over and over again, but I can't help starting a new thread to help me out in a very difficult decision. It feels like a very difficult decision anyway. 
      Some background: I have been photographing for the past 15 years, and for a few of those professionally. I have been a strong Nikon fan throughout (sorry for swearing in the church), but have also owned and used a lot of film cameras, such as Mamiya, Hasselblad 2000FCW, Canon and Nikon 35mm film cameras. I would say i am a fairly decent photographer with, maybe, a bigger passion and lust than talent. :)
      Two years ago soon my son was born, and I just didn't bring the big cameras with me any longer, and I missed capturing those moments. I stopped all professional photography to make time for family and my day job. I sold all my other cameras, DSLRs and film alike to buy a new, smaller, more handy one. That I actually would bring with me everywhere and take photos. I never bought one, and now I miss I so much. So I started the hunt for the best camera for ME. 
      I have been googling, foruming all across, and I just don't know how to drill it down any further and decide on the actual camera to buy. One thing I do know is that it is going to be a Leica. I just love Leicas philosophy, the picture quality, the "to the roots" thing, and I have decided once and for all that now is the time for me to finally own a Leica. 
      I also know that I am on a budget. Coming in at a total of 2000 USD would be ideal - but if course, Leica is not cheap and there are many factors here. So anywhere between 1000-3000 USD is something I look at. 
      For that money you could buy either a Leica CL kit brand new, Leica TL2 brand new, a used Leica Q, used Leica M9. 
      I am not a rangefinder guy really, but I really like the concept. However, I will use the camera for many different scenarios such as travel photo, family photo, art works that I do, and just general hobby/art photography. 
      I don't do any studio work any longer, so that I don't need, I don't do street photography in that sense, and I don't to long tele situation photography like concerts or sports. So basically, I do everyday photography and would like my photos to be nice to have, maybe frame them, and if I find time again start taking art work photos again. But let's focus on travel, everyday life typ photo. 
      Now - what do you guys think? Where should I place my bets? I guess many of you have tried many of the cameras - which one do you believe I will be happier with?
      Thank you so much! I appreciate all and any input!

• By Winfoto
      Leica Q, neuwertig, inclusive Original-Verpackung zu verkaufen.

• By tom0511
      Aufgrund Umstieg auf SL2 biete ich hier an:
      Leica SL Gehäuse
      sehr guter Zustand, nur privat und sehr wenig genutzt Es war von Anfang an ein Displayschutzfolie auf dem Display mit allem Originalzubehör und Originalverpackung gekauft im deutschen Fachhandel (Fotogena, Worms) Die Kamera kann auch bei mir in Bensheim nach Absprache gerne besichtigt werden. Fragen bitte gerne stellen.
      Am liebsten wäre mir Abholung gegen Barzahlung. Versand bei Vorkasse wäre auch möglich. 
      Bei Paypal müssten wir über die Gebühren reden.
      Wer nicht die 47MP der SL2 braucht, kommt hier zu einem sehr günstigen Preis den Einstieg in das SL System. Die Flexibilität - SL Objektive, M-Objektive, Voigtländer, Nikon etc., der tolle Sucher und die Leica Bildqualität und Bedienphilosophie machen für mich die SL/SL2 zu einer der universellsten Kameras, die man heute kaufen kann.
    • By Winfoto
      Leica Q gebraucht, neuewertig, incl. Original-Verpackung