18-56 serial number?

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In Bridge CC the camera number only shows with the DNG photo not the JPEG! When I registered my 18-56 zoom it did not go through but an email to Leica who told me that they had a problem and to try again, second time it worked ok and registered. I think it might be to do with the combo of CL and 18-56 zoom?

David

I just registered several TL/CL lenses successfully, using the numbers I found on the rear plate.  In each case I called up the lens type from the Leica site's options.  I can see both camera and lens serial number in the DNG files, using Adobe's dng_validate, but that's a clumsy way to get at information that I don't normally need to see.

I can see the CL camera serial number in the EXIF in LR CC Classic, but not the lens serial number.

I'm away from home without my library, so can't see if the lens serial number shows up for any other camera/lens I have.

Thank you for the reminder about registering - I'd forgotten. And my insurance update :o.

Edited by LocalHero1953

I have had a response from Leica on registering the 18-56 lens. Apparently the registration server needs to be updated from their serial number database, presumably meaning many of the 18-56 lenses are not on the registration server, so it throws up an error on customers attempting to register. They will advise me when this has been done and I will post on this thread to confirm. 

Wilson

• Like 1