18-56 serial number?

jaapv

On my zoom it is inside the chrome L mount engraved onto the black base, I used that number to register the lens with Leica and it worked with them! The number also matched the number on the Passport papers that came with the outfit.  

David

Edited by Valau

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hope this photo is ok

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I didn't know that TL lenses even had serial numbers until I found them in the EXIF data.  The information panel in Capture One will  not show it, but an EXIFTool or Adobe dngvalidate should do it.

They do appear on stickers on the boxes.

It is odd that the lens serial number shows up in the main EXIF (PS CC 2018) but not the camera serial number. It is not buried in the RAW data either. I have just registered the CL camera body on My Products Always in View on the Leica-Camera website. However it would not recognise the serial number of the lens and refused to register it. I have queried this with Leica.

Wilson

• Like 1

That is funny. I've got LR4 on my old Macbook Air, and it shows the camera serial number, not the lens.

CC2018, on the other hand, shows both:

It is odd that the lens serial number shows up in the main EXIF (PS CC 2018) but not the camera serial number. It is not buried in the RAW data either. I have just registered the CL camera body on My Products Always in View on the Leica-Camera website. However it would not recognise the serial number of the lens and refused to register it. I have queried this with Leica.

Wilson

The same here :mellow: . eMail sent.

Here is my EXIF from PS CC2018 - no camera serial number. You would have thought it would have been consistent. My copy of LR CC Classic is showing no serial numbers at all on the metadata, neither lens nor body. 

Wilson