M-240 Video

Paul J

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As you probably know, when the video plays back it pauses on the still, it's really well done, and of course you have the RAW still too.

I used to enjoy doing this when I owned an M240.  The only problem however, is the delay in the video is rather extreme as you get into higher ISOs.  The entire camera slows down once you go above ISO 1600.  So if you're able to shoot low ISO, the Still-Frame-During-Movie thing is pretty cool.  But it is much less cool at high ISO because the subject moves too much after the still image has been taken.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

For those that complained about shaky videos, all you need to do is to stabilize it in post.  A very simple one button operation in most softwares.  I really like the HD video quality of the M-P240.  This is from a owner that has both the A7S and A7RIII with Zhiyun Crane gimbal.  

Well, for being forced to video her Ph.D. walk from the bleachers (could not go down on the floor), it came out just fine.  I was not expecting a professional production and shall we say my video did not disappoint in that respect.  Actually, I was surprised how well the 135f2.8 lens and the electronic viewfinder worked together.  Perhaps, I will use the electronic viewfinder more often.

Thanks to everyone for the hints and information.  She is getting married in two weeks and even though we have a professional, I am sure the MP240 and 35 and 50 lenses will get a workout.  I prefer the MP240 to the i-phone.

Edited by ktmrider2