Leica Q Question - Cycle EVF / LCD

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone,

Have a quick question for you "Q" experts out there:

Is it possible to assign a button (say the FN button) to cycle through the "display modes"?

For example, you hit a button and it cycles through EVF-ON -> LCD-ON -> Auto-Switch ON. Similar to Olympus, Panasonic, and Fuji mirrorless cameras.

The reason I ask is I am interested in the Q but when I take pictures I like to shoot with both the Screen and EVF and quickly be able to cycle through them.

I find the EVF proximity sensor auto-switch on any camera to be much too slow. I need to be able to raise the camera to my eye and have that EVF be on, but then be able to switch to LCD/Live View.

Thanks for the information. 

Thanks for the reply Stuny.

I suppose that means that the functionality I was talking about isn't available on the Q then?

Correct. You can't assign the display mode to a button.

This is a function at other mirrorless cameras I never use, one of the most obsolete buttons for me. Why do you want to change the display mode repeatedly? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Correct. You can't assign the display mode to a button.

This is a function at other mirrorless cameras I never use, one of the most obsolete buttons for me. Why do you want to change the display mode repeatedly? 

I don't know why everyone seems to find it normal. It's lacking that switch that every other EVF-equipped cameras have, and - if phsically adding a button is too much a hassle - any software way for you to quickly change your display mode. FN button, no. User profile setting, no (weird that it seems to remember everything else). All these, while that video button remains useless...

Personally I find the delay of the eye sensor, however sensitive it is, to be annoying for real fast shooting (like I'm used to with a M). So the EVF stays on. Then if you want to adjust anything, good luck pimping into the EVF. Too bad the EVF Extended Mode still uses that eye sensor - and the FN button settings are still shown in the viewfinder.

Edited by Licheus
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On the Q2, you can use Menu/Customize Control/FN Button/EVF-LCD On.  Then a Long Press on the FN button will pull up the choices for it - select EVF-LCD and now FN will toggle through the Display options.  

The Right Wheel button can be set up similarly.

Don't recall if the Q can do this or not.

Edited by bullmoon
  • Like 2