28216910395_fc4417356a_h.jpg

S007+s24

28633353506_642f0359b6_h.jpg

S007+s30-90

35050528226_ebed7046b8_h.jpg

IQ3100 + HR23

28760634161_73d1324b36_h.jpg

IQ3100 + HR23

Personally, I prefer the Leica color, and the file is easier to 'beautified' compare to the P1 files. Software plays an important role too as Capture One does have better handling color than Lr, and this really show off how good Leica's engineers are at doing their stock color for Adobe.

Lens wise, as a personal experience, I haven't met any lens can render nearly as sharp and crisp and as detail as the Rodenstock HR lens, but Leica's pretty close.

• Like 5

Not the best example for Leica S lens, but here goes

S007+S30-90

28587229391_33afddcdb6_h.jpg

quite bit of softness when zoom 100% near the tower away on the middle right, I think the lens plan or focus plane is a bit off to to the left....

IQ3100 + HR23

28731913192_42ee73a730_h.jpg

Can never get my P1 files to look anything like the S files. Any tips? What can you summed up as the 'S' look from your files. My first experience when I open the S files in Lr is that it is leaning towards a grayish neutral~cold tone... But I can't never do it with any other camera...

Edited by xiaubauu2009
  • Like 2

Well it's hard to tell with so much processing compared with what the originals must be but those Phase One examples do look terrible. 

This is in no way indicative of the results I get with those backs, which I have found to be exceptionally good and better than anything I have tried by some measure.

There is something going on, somewhere in your workflow or setup.

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 2

Here is a super quick and dirty 3 minute job on the colour.

It's obviously done on an 8 bit jpg and compressed to upload, so the sky has banded but it's now very close to the Leica.

These adjustments, made in Capture One would yield perfect results. And any differences that are there could be easily matched when done properly.

i can't for the life of me see how but if you are seriously getting these results straight out of camera there is something wrong with the back or your workflow.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Here is a super quick and dirty 3 minute job on the colour.

It's obviously done on an 8 bit jpg and compressed to upload, so the sky has banded but it's now very close to the Leica.

These adjustments, made in Capture One would yield perfect results. And any differences that are there could be easily matched when done properly.

i can't for the life of me see how but if you are seriously getting these results straight out of camera there is something wrong with the back or your workflow.

You are right, I think I might need to polish up more on my skill for Capture One. I do admit I am not too familiar with it.