M42 screw mount lens on monochrom

Kamyar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello friends. Have you ever had an experience with the use of the m42screw lens on a monochrome or M mount? For example, jupiter lens or super takumar. And what is your vision for using R mount lenses such as 50mm f2 or 35mm f2.8 R on M? Is the result of R better?

Kamyar,

I've used some other brands lenses on Leica M.

Takumar 42mm screw lenses are nice (not all), I use mainly special lenses not available in Leica/Leitz lens.

I like the 4/17 Fish-eye Super Takumar that is more compact than the Fish-eye Nikkor 3.5/16 .

With Monochrom, those are nice with the built-in turret filters.

I use also some macro Pentax lenses in M42 or K mount, but prefer Leica R lenses for that.

Zeiss lenses are "bargain and almost as good as Leica"; one is wonderful Macro Planar 60mm focus to 1:1.

I have some Jupiter in LTM and 42mm, but they are well lesser quality than most.

With R lenses, mainly the longer focal lenses from 60mm macro (on M with LV) , 100mm Apo, 180 Apo to Telyt 560mm.

With LV or Visoflex (original or 020) those exotic lenses are fun to use and rediscover for me.

Leica lenses in R or M or LTM are better choice if one begins from zero.

Other brands are cheap but may have some flaw (with adapters and usefulness of the outfit.

• Like 1