Best half case for the M10

jimleicam3

I ordered the same one. Does the top of the screw fit the screw hole of the case?

Yes, but in the inside I’ve put a small rubber ring, preventing the crew from falling out when the body is not attached (Ipad picture).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Gobert
  • Like 1

This screw, known as a 

Camera tripod head quick release plate screw 1/4 D-Ring

is a fairly standard item, available online through Walmart, NewFrog, and other camera equipment part retailers, at prices ranging form US $1.00 to US $5.00. 

I may acquire one for my new Leica half case, if I can figure out how to remove the existing case screw without having to pull apart the leather lining on the inside bottom of the case or otherwise damaging anything.

This screw, known as a 

Camera tripod head quick release plate screw 1/4 D-Ring

is a fairly standard item, available online through Walmart, NewFrog, and other camera equipment part retailers, at prices ranging form US $1.00 to US $5.00. 

I may acquire one for my new Leica half case, if I can figure out how to remove the existing case screw without having to pull apart the leather lining on the inside bottom of the case or otherwise damaging anything.

there is small black plastic ring at the end of the screw. If you can take it off, the screen come off easily

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno about best, but I'm very happy with https://www.popflash.com/LMB-M10-BLK (ARTISAN & ARTIST* LMB-M10)

I don't buy from pop flash photo but I also love my Artisan and Artist case. It's the best half case they ever made and so reasonable. I gave up on M9 thought. Not paying Arte di Mano prices and can't stand the poor fit of many others out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Arte Di Mano case really worth the cost? It does seem beautiful and well made, but it admittedly is hard to stomach almost $500 for one. 

I'm tempted, but at the same time I've never used a case on any camera ever.

I agree wholeheartedly that the Arte de Mano is worth the price. I also use their classic strap. I have a black one for my silver M10 and Rally Volpe for my black. Leica Miami stocks them and they have some used ones as well. 

I'm all for supporting craftsmen (and women) so I totally appreciate the care that goes into making each one and I understand that comes at a cost. I guess it's just past my "pain threshold" for camera accessories ;)

I'll keep it in mind though thank you all for chiming in.

Edited by Abram

I have the Leica Vintage Brown half case with a matching strap.  I don't have any complaints, except that unless and until I obtain a quick release screw for the bottom, it is an inconvenience to find a coin or other object, or squeeze the edge with fingers, to remove for a battery or card change or tripod use.

However, irrespective of the brand of case, it does slightly increase the size and weight of the camera.  I was pleased today when I took the case off, changed straps, and now I have the look (for the time being) of a new M10 instead of an old camera in an old case.  I especially liked the decrease in weight, even though it was just a few grams.

I will probably put the case back on, but there are arguments both ways on whether to use a case.

Note added 1 hour later:  I did put the case back on, but I can see advantages and disadvantages--not just of the Leica half case in particular, but of any case.

Edited by david.kize