Best half case for the M10

jimleicam3

Congratulations !!! I just wonder if one really needs that half case. I got used to the following: Whenever I have the camera with me without my dark brown ONA bag then I use the dark brown Luigi half case. When I go out with the bag (aa I take my lenses with me) then I leave the half case at home . . .

Thats how I do. Its about half half.

I have the Leica M10 half case and like it. Admittedly getting to the batter is an issue (and I've found the M10 batteries to have far less life than the 240 or even my M9, and I don't chimp or use the EVF very much). However, what I love about the Leica case is the back flap (and the ability to remove it). I'm not so concerned about protecting the camera from scuffs because I bought it to use it. But without the case, with the camera slung over my shoulder, I find the M10 buttons got pushed/activated a lot more often. I'd look down and suddenly notice that my camera was in live view, or the menu was up. Just my two cents - Leica's half cases have always been a bit lame but they got this one right overall. Other than the ability to change batteries quickly of course!

• Like 1

Just got the Luigi's. Very nice and the built-in-grip is a big plus. It does not fit as perfectly as the Arte di Mano I use for my M240. I did not get the Arte di Mano for the M10 because I don't like the open top in the back. Concerned it may not keep its form in the long run.

The Kenji case looks very nice on their site. Does anyone have one for the M10?

Alan

just received a black Arte di Mano with grip and battery door from Leica Miami

The back is open but it is extremely stiff; I am certain it will keep its form in the long run

I looked at Luigi website. His product looks great but I must be getting old as I did not have the patience to wade through its poorly organized structure.

• Like 1

The Leica case look the best to my eyes, both functionally and aesthetically.

I looked at buying a Leica half case. The reason I did not is because the case screws into the camera using the tripod mount. Worse, the screw requires an actual screwdriver or a suitably sized coin. It is not a thumbscrew! This means (a) I have to carry something to unscrew the case every time I want to use the tripod or change battery/CF card, (B) I am not able to use the tripod if I have the case on. It also substantially adds to the height of the M10 whilst decreasing its functionality - and the only benefit it brings is protection. 

I grant that it is superbly made with beautiful leather in an understated way that can't be said about some other half cases. And there is nothing to fault with its fit. If you have no need for a tripod, and you don't mind carrying around a screwdriver just to change your battery, then I would recommend the Leica case. 

Does anybody know if there are any half cases for the M10 on the market that has the following criteria: 

- replaces the bottom plate

- has a battery/CF card door

- does not cover the tripod screw

- superb fit and finish?

Where I live, I am not able to inspect these cases before placing an order. 

• Like 1

I looked at buying a Leica half case. The reason I did not is because the case screws into the camera using the tripod mount. Worse, the screw requires an actual screwdriver or a suitably sized coin. It is not a thumbscrew! This means (a) I have to carry something to unscrew the case every time I want to use the tripod or change battery/CF card, (B) I am not able to use the tripod if I have the case on. It also substantially adds to the height of the M10 whilst decreasing its functionality - and the only benefit it brings is protection. 

I grant that it is superbly made with beautiful leather in an understated way that can't be said about some other half cases. And there is nothing to fault with its fit. If you have no need for a tripod, and you don't mind carrying around a screwdriver just to change your battery, then I would recommend the Leica case. 

Does anybody know if there are any half cases for the M10 on the market that has the following criteria: 

- superb fit and finish?

Where I live, I am not able to inspect these cases before placing an order.

Arte de Mano.

• Like 2

"Does anybody know if there are any half cases for the M10 on the market that has the following criteria: 

- superb fit and finish?

Where I live, I am not able to inspect these cases before placing an order."

Simple - Arte di Mano meets this spec - except that it has a secure tripod boss in the base of case.

• Like 1