CL FAQ ... "How do I do such and such?"

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Question: How do I easily cycle through the EVF/LCD display options? Answer: Menu > Customise Control > FN Button then scroll down until you find the EVF-LCD and set it to ON. Then, when you press & hold the FN button, it will appear as an option. Select it. Next time you press the FN button, you’ll use it to cycle between the EVF and LCD options.

I have just spent over half an hour removing  42 posts and cleaning up 12 others. Please use the method described.

This is somewhat of a Holy Grail as a number of owners have asked for a solution from Leica that is preventative rather than merely curative. One could imagine that the simplest solution would be to have the focus point locked permanently at the center of the frame, and only if you chose to move it would you then select an option to do so. We wait for the next iteration of the OS or a new CL2...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bdickers said:

CL: After upgrading the firmware to 3.2, Program Mode is the only option available.  Anyone else seen this?

I suspect you have locked the top buttons so preventing them change. I think if you hold down the left button it will release the lock and you can then move through PASM without problems. Someone will likely correct me if I’m wrong. Alternatively read the manual, as it explains how to lock and unlock the buttons.

On 7/26/2020 at 10:14 PM, Le Chef said:

This is somewhat of a Holy Grail as a number of owners have asked for a solution from Leica that is preventative rather than merely curative. One could imagine that the simplest solution would be to have the focus point locked permanently at the center of the frame, and only if you chose to move it would you then select an option to do so. We wait for the next iteration of the OS or a new CL2...

As a new user this has caught me out time and time again until I figured out what was happening .You rather expect it to be locked unless you decide to move it not drift all over the place if you happen to grip the camera in a certain way . 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Nate8833 said:

Is that a setting I need to apply? When I half press the shutter the view remains wide open until the shot is taken.

Should work in manual ("M") mode normally. I have no experience with TL lenses you are using i suspect but it does no harm to try anyway.

2 hours ago, lct said:

Should work in manual ("M") mode normally. I have no experience with TL lenses you are using i suspect but it does no harm to try anyway.

Interesting! On the TL2, a half press of the shutter in A mode does preview depth of field. For whatever reason, even in M mode on the CL it does not. 

1 hour ago, Nate8833 said:

Interesting! On the TL2, a half press of the shutter in A mode does preview depth of field. For whatever reason, even in M mode on the CL it does not. 

I would save my profiles, do a reset and try again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 7:17 AM, LocalHero1953 said:

Question:

How do I trigger image magnification with manual focus?

Answer:

With TL/SL lenses image magnification is automatically triggered by moving the focus ring. With manual focus lenses, the RH dial by default triggers image magnification.

With an M lens and adaptor, can image magnification be seen through the EVF or just the back screen?

• 5 months later...
On 7/26/2020 at 1:32 PM, cj3209 said:

Q:  Is there no way to lock the focus point?  I saw a previous question that you just have to move the D-pad and re-center.  A few of my shots were off because I didn't realize the focus point had moved!

thanks, in advance.

I personally turn off the touch-to-focus on all my cameras for this reason.

Toshi

Posted (edited)

The X Vario has an RGB histogram in image review which is nice to use.

My CL seems to default to a plain white histogram in both live view and image review. 

Is there any way to switch the CL histogram to RGB?

Edited by TMorita