Just purchased a like new D-LUX 4 Titanium -- Advice

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just bought a D-Lux as a carry with me always camera. (That's the idea at least). I almost always have my X Vario with me but it still requires time to take out, add the EVF and take the picture. Fine when I have time, but sometimes I don't. So I am going to try the D-LUX to avoid missing those opportunities. 

If someone has some good ideas of settings I might look at as I find my way around the camera, in particular for:

1. Black and White OOC jpeg settings. I love the BW output from the X Vario, and hope to find the same with the D-LUX
  2. Suggested auto focus setting for street and "snap shooting" 
  3. Suggested settings for landscape (I always shoot in manual plus RAW on the X Vario)
  4. Any other suggestions/characteristics of the camera I should know which might be helpful

Thanks in advance.

Mike 

Mike, I would check the Leica website and download the PDF file for camera instructions. At least that will help to learn about the menu and settings options. Your model is quite an elderly version and settings might differ from the latest model which is a very capable camera.

• 2 weeks later...

You might also consider the Leica C, which is a wonderful tiny camera that easily fits into a front trouser pocket, has a 28-200 mm lens and records DNG amongst other features.

Pete.

But has a rather ho-hum viewfinder - back-screen use advised.

But has a rather ho-hum viewfinder - back-screen use advised.

Yes it has a lesser EVF than my SL or the D-Lux's but I find it quite usable and personally prefer it to composing etc at arm's length.  My tolerance might come from all those years of using the Digilux 2 with it's 'interesting' EVF. :D

Pete.

• Like 3