Sign in to follow this  
didier

Anyone using the CL with Noctilux

Not sure what the point of using a large ultra wide aperture exotic 9000 euro lens on a very small APS-C camera ..... which, as has already been pointed out on the TL bit of the forum, nullifies a lot of the characteristic rendering wide open ......

It will work ..... but don't expect to see the special signature that the lens is renowned for ..... 

Edited by thighslapper

Yeah I’ve used it on mine. Renders very well. Very similar to the M10 apart from the obvious focal distance diferences with the chropped sensor.

The focus is one area I find the CL out performs the M10 though. I can focus with pint point accuracy with the EVF.

My M10 is great if it’s calibrated with the lens but if it drifts slightly it’s a pain. I usually use the EVF with my M10 and Noctilux.

Easy to focus on the CL...nailing perfect focus is always difficult, if the subject or camera moves just a fraction it shifts focus.

I prefer the Noctilux on the M10...but nothing wrong with it on the CL.

CL + 50mm Noctilux .95

ISO100  |  1/400  |  .95

Well, like the TL, just consider that most of the weight of a Noctilux isn’t being utilized so your carrying around a lot of baggage. Let’s hope for a TL Noctilux. Hope is doable.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, like the TL, just consider that most of the weight of a Noctilux isn’t being utilized so your carrying around a lot of baggage. Let’s hope for a TL Noctilux. Hope is doable.

I think there are many other priorities...I dont see this happening anytime in the foreseeable future.

I think there are many other priorities...I dont see this happening anytime in the foreseeable future.

One can hope. A lightweight Noctilux.

Honestly I'd be happy with a TL 50 Summilux.

Please make me get your point: in case of FF equivalent the TL-Summilux 35mm f/1.4 is available

(or it's a matter of DOF?) otherwise you are thinking about of a 75mm equivalent?

Tks