LUF Book 2018: entries are now closed

andybarton

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Are we talking about having been actually published before, or having been submitted before (unsuccessfully that is). I can think of one or two images of my own which I personally really rated, but which did not make the final selection to appear in the book.

John,

The rule that Andy has added is "Please do not submit photographs that have appeared in any of the previous Forum books" so submitted but not selected are fine unless I've misconstrued.

Pete.

Edit: Cross-posted with Andy's clarification.

Edited by farnz
  • Like 1

Just about to go through the first £1000 raised.

Many thanks to those who have already supported this project and I look forward to raising more, now that “the holidays” are beyond us.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

It's 'Pension Day' tomorrow, so if I give up alcohol for about a month I can afford to contribute, gladly. I am hoping a few friends will shout me the odd drink meanwhile. :)

Searching my files and shooting specifically for the 2018 book, I have found enough pics for my own book! (This could be costly).

Now to edit down to the required three. They will be on their way soon.

I urge everyone to shake out the cobwebs from their files and find some 'lost treasures' to submit.

As a beneficiary of Cancer Research, I can confirm that it is a worthwhile charity.

• Like 7

Hi Andy,

I'm just about to follow the process. Just one question - I normally scan and present my film photos with a small rebate area of the negative showing all round the picture - would this violate the rule about "no borders"?

Thanks, Phil

Edited by stray cat

Should users strip the exif before submitting or do you have a program for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will batch strip the EXIF from all the submissions, so you don't need to worry about that. 

Thanks for the interest!

Hi Andy,

I'm just about to follow the process. Just one question - I normally scan and present my film photos with a small rebate area of the negative showing all round the picture - would this violate the rule about "no borders"?

Thanks, Phil

I would prefer to stick to the "no borders" rule, please, as it makes for a much neater, consistent presentation in the final book if all photographs are presented with no border.

Thanks

• Like 2

Worldwide Cancer, the charity that we are supporting again though the book, ( @WorldwideCancer on Twitter), have just published a video showing how what we raise here makes a real difference to people's lives.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far and hopefully this might encourage more members to take part in this really worthwhile endeavour.

Thank you.

• Like 3

Three images just submitted...

Funnily enough none from my M10 (which I absolutely love), two from my M262 (which I didn't get on with!) and one from my M6 with some HP5 pushed to 1600 (which I of course adore;-).

I look forward to seeing the results and of course to see the final publication.

Good luck all!

• Like 2

Three images just submitted...

Funnily enough none from my M10 (which I absolutely love), two from my M262 (which I didn't get on with!) and one from my M6 with some HP5 pushed to 1600 (which I of course adore;-).

I look forward to seeing the results and of course to see the final publication.

Good luck all!

Ah! So this verifies that it is the photographer that makes good pictures, not the camera. :D

I agree about the HP5+.

My three pics will be submitted soon. Just have to eliminate about six to leave three!

• Like 2

Life has been a pain of late.... but I will try to shake the dust off some files and give my beloved M8 some fresh air.

Such a fantastic cause.... thanks to Andy and the men in black for sorting this.

• Like 1

A big thanks to Phil (Stray Cat) for plugging this in the "I Like Film" thread today and getting me off of my ass and into action (ok, all the action occurred while I was on my ass, but it still required some exertion of effort of some brain muscles that apparently I don't use very often).   :)

• Like 3