LUF Book 2018: entries are now closed

andybarton

I will be submitting too. The instructions are quite elaborate to follow but I will make it through. :)

Thanks.

Putting the book together and running the competition to make it happen is about as complicated as Forum life gets. Each “rule” has developed over the years to answer questions and points raised by Forum members.

Just send in three cracking shots and we will do all the rest :)

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks.

Putting the book together and running the competition to make it happen is about as complicated as Forum life gets. Each “rule” has developed over the years to answer questions and points raised by Forum members.

Just send in three cracking shots and we will do all the rest :)

Followed each rule, donation made, pictures submitted. :)

• Like 1

Great idea but instructions seem a little light on? I saw in the replies there is no theme... What about cropping/aspect ratios etc?

When should the images be taken? After announcement? In 2017 etc.? Resolution?

I assume images must be made using a Leica of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great idea but instructions seem a little light on? I saw in the replies there is no theme... What about cropping/aspect ratios etc?

Answers to all your queries  are  covered in the Notes.

• Like 1

There is no theme for any of the photographs

Cropping is fine and there is no stipulation regarding aspect ratio.

The photographs can have been taken at any time

If you submit for the judges, then the photographs must be as per the instructions. The judges in the past have had to consider well over 200 shots. When the top 100 have been chosen, I will ask the author for the full resolution version to allow printing in the book

All photographs must have been taken with a Leica - either the body or the lens or both.

If you look at the example pages of the 2014 book, available via the link in my signature, you can see that the photographs are arranged in a curated order.

Andy,

For clarity, and since it's not covered in the notes, are pictures that have been published in previous Leica User Forum Books ineligible for the 2018 book?  (I'm not proposing to submit such but it might clarify the point for others.)

When I was one of the judges for the 2014 book I wondered how we could prevent pictures that were previously published in the LUF Books without checking page by page.

Pete.

Pete, good point, though I’d hope no one would do that. Personally I’d prefer only images that had been taken since the previous book was published - though I realise there’s no way of policing that and it’s too late to start messing with the rules.

• Like 1

Pete

I don’t think anyone would do that, but I’ll add another rule to make it clear. No one has ever done it before

None of those submitted so far, seem to have been submitted before. I am going to start the spreadsheet work this evening and will make sure.

• Like 1

Are we talking about having been actually published before, or having been submitted before (unsuccessfully that is). I can think of one or two images of my own which I personally really rated, but which did not make the final selection to appear in the book.