Missed chances on the CL

jaapv

I want tilt screen (or tiltable EVF). It is so handy in many handheld shooting situations as well as on tripod.

And IBIS. Give me these two and I won't date Sony. :)

While I agree and want them too I think the camera would need to be thicker to accommodate both. I'd be OK with some IS lenses. I've already ordered one of those hot shoe mount phone holders which will solve the flippy screen issue (for me anyway).

Gordon

• Like 1

The SL lenses are big and defeat the purpose of a smaller camera, camera stabilisation is more efficient and pretty much the norm in cameras especially in this price range.

I would bet that Leica is already developing IS lenses for the CL, it`s just a matter of time ...

• Like 1

I do think the CL is not the ideal complement to my SL that I would like but as it stands the CL fits my idea of a really compact, high quality backup that keeps weight down. Because the UI and handling is different, I wouldn't actually pull it out except with a 18mm or when the SL fails me. That's the miss for me.

I think the 1.5X crop OIS lenses, fast zooms will come but Leica users do hold Leica to a higher standard, so what we have are the low hanging fruits that come first. What's already done aren't rushed jobs nor inadequate optically. The TL lenses ARE compact.

I do really need a fast set of the holy trinity of 1.5X lenses if 1.5x is the game that I need to play. These, I hope will have OIS and perhaps an IBIS body to match.  Full frame is not always needed. 

Edited by lx1713

Indeed - but it does point in a direction...

It certainly gives us hope. Unlikely to be available with a firmware upgrade. I think we may have to wait for CL Mark2. In the meantime it would be nice if my pre-ordered CL + 18-56 Zoom would turn up before Christmas.

While I agree and want them too I think the camera would need to be thicker to accommodate both. I'd be OK with some IS lenses. I've already ordered one of those hot shoe mount phone holders which will solve the flippy screen issue (for me anyway).

Gordon

I can also go with the using phone for screen, however it doesn't have to be thicker. See Sony A6500 which has IBIS and tilt screen as well. Lens based IS is no go for me. It will be a while they have 400mm IS lens which weighs same as my current use of 180APO3.4+2XAPO (this combo has become my got to long lens on Sony APS-C).

I would love to use this combo on a sensor stabilized camera.

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/279989-yellow-warbler/?p=3420712

Edited by jmahto

Has nobody noticed that IS is a menu item on the camera? Look in the favourites menu - there is an option to switch Image Stabilisation to on...

The TL has the same options. Unfortunately nothing new here.

I think they might introduce an IS lens or two over time. It was a big mistake to not have them now. And the CL just got savaged on the Camera Store review for exactly that reason.

Gordon

I would bet that Leica is already developing IS lenses for the CL, it`s just a matter of time ...

A roadmap would be nice although I doubt we will ever see another one from Leica after the SL debacle...

Waiting for your impression. 

Fits like a glove.  I really think this is a perfect camera for me. I never expected to use the 18-56, but it is such a nice combo that I popped it into my Kleine Kombitasche M (another perfect fit, BTW), added the Elmarit 90 M and it forms a beautiful travel kit.  The M240 (departed for China today)  will not be missed. For my African travels, I have the Vario-Elmar 105-280 (glad it didn't sell;) ) and GX8 for stabilized up to 1300 equivalent (1.4x extender) and general backup. Same batteries across the systems too. The whole kit will easily fit into my ancient Reporter backpack.

Completely happy. :wub:

• Like 4

Fits like a glove.  I really think this is a perfect camera for me. I never expected to use the 18-56, but it is such a nice combo that I popped it into my Kleine Kombitasche M (another perfect fit, BTW), added the Elmarit 90 M and it forms a beautiful travel kit.  The M240 (departed for China today)  will not be missed. For my African travels, I have the Vario-Elmar 105-280 (glad it didn't sell;) ) and GX8 for stabilized up to 1300 equivalent (1.4x extender)  and general backup. Same batteries across the systems too. The whole kit will easily fit into my ancient Reporter backpack.

Completely happy. :wub:

Wow. Thanks for valued feedback. Selling FF M is hard for me that's why I started another thread to get people's impression. I can see using my APS-C Sony more and more now a days. You are making life hard for me.  ;)

• Like 1