Disapointed that the Noctilux doesnt work very well on the TL2

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Principles are like top hats. They look good on, not so good when you stand on them.

Neil,   The TL2 is great with many lenses, as you said. The 90-280 SL zoom is a silly, but wonderful match - stabilized, long reach. True, it doesn't keep the look of FF large aperture lenses, and that sucks.   A TL2 with 11-23 and 35/1.4 is the best walk around kit I've ever had. Of course, an S with 24 and 70 is an even better walk around kit, but if I'm carrying anything else, the combination gets heavy.   I've wanted to say this for some time now: When I first came on these forums, I t

Matching the 50/1 look on the TL would require something like a 35/0.67. Even a 35/1 would have the general look of a 50 Lux on an M. The 35/1.4 on the TL2 is almost indistinguishable from a 50 Cron on the SL. I've done tests:   35 Lux on TL2 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  50 Cron on SL Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du will

Posted Images

It would be cool if Metabones made a Leica M to Leica L speedbooster. Then you would have your depth of field as well as keeping the focal length...

EDIT: Actually....it would be cool if Leica made a speedbooster! Since there is glass involved...

Edited by 2wk
  • 5 weeks later...

... don‘t waste your time

You're absolutely right.

More than photography I like to play Steinways and adore those who can.

Already a bit strange after 15 years of participation in the forum that some writers spread a kind of impression as if they will not feel comfortable here for a longer time...