Leica S lens on a Hasselblad V Body........is it possible

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Paul ive done that with great results, I just fancied trying one of my S lenses on my Hasselblad 503.................never mind

Neil

You can put V lenses on the S though.

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Not a chance:

• Difference in register distance, your V lens to S adapter is a short extension tube so how do you think a S lens will work at infinity on a V body?

john

Thanks a lot buddy.................. I asked the question because I have no idea about that stuff, and I know that there are nice folks like you thane are happy to point a fellow photographer in the right direction

Thanks again pal

neil

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The reason I tolerated the Sony A7II for as long as I did was that it had the shortest flange distance (register distance, distance from lens mount to sensor, whatever). So you could mount almost anything on it - M, Contax, Canon, Pentax 645, and more! The S has a short distance for MF, so most MF lenses mount on it, but the flip side is that S lenses won't mount on almost any MF body with a mirror. They certainly would on the mirrorless Hassy and Fuji models, but I don't know if anyone has made an adapter.

What would be possible, since the S image circle is larger than the SL or TL2/CL sensors, is a tilt/shift adapter for S lenses on the SL or, better, TL2/CL (the even smaller sensors allow more movement).

--Matt 

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I always love and am amazed by how Neil with so many cameras lacks the simple knowledge about flange distance etc.

I know its absolutely amazing JIP. The good thing is that you can get adapters to increase and decrease the depth of field without changing lenses

Neil