Summitar M39 on Leica 240

Emref

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello

I have a collapsible Summitar M39, I like it very much because of his focus button, I´m used to it with my 3f Leica.

I have the adapter m39 to M, is possible to use this lens in my 240?, can be collapsed?

Thank you very much

Alberto

Edited by Emref

When the lens cap (rear) is mounted it is not fully collapsed, if you mount the lens on the body in the position it has when you unmount the lens cap, there is no risk at all.

And not collapse it in the future?

Alberto

You can try with a film M looking from the rear throgh the opened shutter. When you collapse a Summitar you’ll probably see that it hits the little wheel for the rangefinder - it will not touch the shutter.

Though this is the same for more than seventy years. When I collapse a Summitar in a Leica II or IIIf I realize some resistance which goes away after some slight pressure. The summitar has a ridge at the end which is broader than other collapsible lenses, so it will most likely hit the little wheel, with other collapsible lenses it is more „hit and miss“.

• Like 2