Little screw came off ... ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I changed a film in my brand new MP and when I had closed the camera, this little screw was left on the table?

I had posed it on the table - bottem down - to take the roll out of the canester. Nothing seems to be missing on the outside. Does anyone know where it is from ?

fa67dc323312a84ef732590a71e14180.jpg

As there is not a film in my MP at the moment, I just had a look. There are two screws in the top of the film cassette chamber that screw into the underside of the top plate - one of those?  On the other hand, it might just be an unexpected gift from Wetzlar...

• Like 2

Thanks Tom - so, after taking the bottom plate off, if I turn the camera upside down and look down into where the film roll goes, there should be 2 little screws and this is likely one of them?

I should have no worry finishing this roll?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

By the way, I think these screws hold the RF assembly in place – I'm pretty certain they are nothing to do with the top plate fixing.

See fig.10 of this M2 manual (admittedly not an MP service manual but I think the basic assembly is the same). 

Edited by wattsy
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...