Q LCD protector and case?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

New to the Q (old user of an M 3 and M6) and the digital format. Just unboxing and starting up so eager to get started. Is it necessary to protect the LCD screen? If so, with what and easy application, please. Trying to travel light, so is a half case needed if I plan to carry the Q in a lightweight case for easy access on the street?  Any good online tutorials on learning to use the Q in light of also learning to use a digital camera? Lots of questions, I'm afraid, and thanks for any help.

New to the Q (old user of an M 3 and M6) and the digital format. Just unboxing and starting up so eager to get started. Is it necessary to protect the LCD screen? If so, with what and easy application, please. Trying to travel light, so is a half case needed if I plan to carry the Q in a lightweight case for easy access on the street? Any good online tutorials on learning to use the Q in light of also learning to use a digital camera? Lots of questions, I'm afraid, and thanks for any help.

I would recommend the Lim half case. It has a built in grip and has easy access to the battery and sd card.

The Q is such an intuitive and easy camera to use I don’t think there are many books or tutorials.

Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Q is such an intuitive and easy camera to use I don’t think there are many books or tutorials.

Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree but the OP says “in light also of learning to use a digital camera”. It is not clear whether the OP is an experienced film shooter and new to digital in which case I would say there is nothing much of a challenge in making the switch because the controls are intuitive. The main difference is adjusting to the fact that exposure now has three variables with ISO control and setting auto ISO is a good introduction. If the OP is new to photography then I do wonder why one would spend so much on a first “learning” camera which was full frame with a fixed 28mm lens. I do think you need to know WHY this is the right camera to get. So if it is the case that the OP is new to photography just dive in to any video tutorial on photography or better still get a good introductory book. No need for anything Q specific.

Arte Di Mano case and Harry Benz strap. Worth every penny. My case is soft, has a bump, improves the grip.

The Q is easy to learn. Experiment. Am sure there are tutorials on YouTube.

And up to you to put a screen protector. I haven’t, but I am gentle on my gear.

Congrats!

Edited by Belle123

The Arte Di Mano case is exceptional in every respect except it’s expensive. Still, it is worth it to me. I went with the Arte Di Mano 125 cm strap in the matching color. It works very well. Supple yet plenty strong. I can carry the camera in front or on my hip / lower back to the side. Never had any issues and love it every time I pick it up. Same as the Q. It’s all personal preference and they’re are many great solutions. The challenge is not collecting them. I settled on Arte Di Mano and haven’t looked back.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Arte Di Mano case is exceptional in every respect except it’s expensive. Still, it is worth it to me. I went with the Arte Di Mano 125 cm strap in the matching color. It works very well. Supple yet plenty strong. I can carry the camera in front or on my hip / lower back to the side. Never had any issues and love it every time I pick it up. Same as the Q. It’s all personal preference and they’re are many great solutions. The challenge is not collecting them. I settled on Arte Di Mano and haven’t looked back.

The Harry Benz straps are in the same league. Expensive. Up until got my first one, have collected many other straps, all falling short. Now just go for it. To date, only have one. But as soon as my budget replenishes, getting one for my Q.