Travel Charger for the M10 Battery?

Bison

16 hours ago, Harpomatic said:

I’m using the Nitecore ULM10 Pro and I’m very happy with it: it charges 2 batteries in series, works off any USB-A charger and power bank.

No issues at all with it.

I use the Nitecore for travel as well.  With both an M10-R and an M10-M having the ability to charge 2 batteries overnight is convenient.

25 minutes ago, kkochheiser said:

I use the Nitecore for travel as well.  With both an M10-R and an M10-M having the ability to charge 2 batteries overnight is convenient.

16 hours ago, Harpomatic said:

I’m using the Nitecore ULM10 Pro and I’m very happy with it: it charges 2 batteries in series, works off any USB-A charger and power bank.

my experience with nitecore ulm10 wasnt as good, i think i got the first batch which actually discharged either battery when charging both at the same time so i gave up and bought a dc to usb adapter using the original charger

On 12/16/2017 at 10:27 AM, rent said:

I use the Apple “duck-head” plug that is part of their iPad or Mac power adapter. You can also get their World Travel Adapter Kit, which is a collection of these plugs. Any of these will plug directly into the Leica M10 battery charger.

great idea - I've just tried my australian & US Apple adapters (I must have other versions lying around somewhere too) on the M10 charger & perfecto - will use in future when travelling

A picture says more... 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, romualdo said:

great idea - I've just tried my australian & US Apple adapters (I must have other versions lying around somewhere too) on the M10 charger & perfecto - will use in future when travelling

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by romualdo
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Which is quite logical. The 8 shaped plug carries 110-240 V which no USB connection can supply. 

On 12/29/2022 at 4:29 PM, marcelography said:

Has anyone tried using a USB C to power cable, to use the original Leica battery charger with a powerbank?
I've found no USB C to 8 shaped plug, though, only with the 5.5x2.5 pin.

• 5 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 1:24 AM, Harpomatic said:

I'll second that.  A really useful resource - both for travel and just in general.  I've taken to using it rater than the standard M10 charger as it gives a useful indication of progress and battery health.

The problems reported from Nitecore chargers mostly stem from using too small an USB adapter or a computer with a limited USB power supply. They need at least 12A output. 

I use some 'BolAAzul' branded IEC C7 90 degree plugs from amazon, 2 for around $10. They work better for me than the apple version as they are a bit longer so push the charger brick out an extra cm. This stops the charger from hitting the wall if not using raised power outlets.
The Nitecore option looks like a great shout if travelling further afield and needing USB!