Thambar-Crazy

lik

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh! Already three of them! They are soooooo cute 😊😊🤗

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Arrow
  • Haha 2

Merry Christmas!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Berlin Tiergarten, M10

• Like 16

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Wonzo:

Berlin Tiergarten, M10

Hat schon etwas sehr Verträumtes. Wenn Grenzen und Läden wieder offen sind, muss ich es doch einmal testen gehen. Danke fürs Zeigen!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 4 Minuten schrieb brunner:

Hat schon etwas sehr Verträumtes. Wenn Grenzen und Läden wieder offen sind, muss ich es doch einmal testen gehen. Danke fürs Zeigen!

Freut mich, daß es dir gefällt. Testen solltest du es, aber es wird dich in der zur Verfügung stehenden Zeit nicht überzeugen können. Du brauchst Zeit, um damit umzugehen. Vergiß nicht, einen EVF zu verwenden oder die SL, denn sonst wird es noch schwieriger, da du beim Messsucher nicht siehst, wie die Effekte bei welcher Blendenöffnung sind.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Wonzo:

Freut mich, daß es dir gefällt. Testen solltest du es, aber es wird dich in der zur Verfügung stehenden Zeit nicht überzeugen können. Du brauchst Zeit, um damit umzugehen. Vergiß nicht, einen EVF zu verwenden oder die SL, denn sonst wird es noch schwieriger, da du beim Messsucher nicht siehst, wie die Effekte bei welcher Blendenöffnung sind.

Das mit dem EVF wird an meiner M-D eher schwierig. Aber ich schaue mal, was geht...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Examples from a test round with the Thambar. As I have an M-D 262, it was a but of an trial and error mission, but I'm strongly thinking about adding this lens.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Wonzo said:

You are always so kind, many thanks! 😊

Thank you back, but honestly the platitude is aimed all at you as this photograph not only is extremely well executed but to me it really shows off what the Thamber can do when in the right hands. I am right on the fence as to whether to buy one or not but this and another few shared images in this post are edging me closer. I don't know anyone with one to try and I also know its a small market if I did not take to it and chose to sell, but then again I suspect its such a beautifully made lens with obvious potential I am thinking it would be worth the risk and then over time learn as you have how to get the most out of it. May I ask if your copy is the new version or old, I may have missed this contained already in the posts so pardon me. 

If you don't mind please continue to post examples, very much appreciated. 

vor 18 Minuten schrieb insideline:

Thank you back, but honestly the platitude is aimed all at you as this photograph not only is extremely well executed but to me it really shows off what the Thamber can do when in the right hands. I am right on the fence as to whether to buy one or not but this and another few shared images in this post are edging me closer. I don't know anyone with one to try and I also know its a small market if I did not take to it and chose to sell, but then again I suspect its such a beautifully made lens with obvious potential I am thinking it would be worth the risk and then over time learn as you have how to get the most out of it. May I ask if your copy is the new version or old, I may have missed this contained already in the posts so pardon me. 

If you don't mind please continue to post examples, very much appreciated. 

It`s the new version. I only use it together with the EVF on my M10-P or even better on my SL, because you can only see what you get by looking through such electronic viewfinders. It`s because the Thambar is an extremly versatile lens, which changes the way it draws with every single aperture from dreamy to absolutely sharp. You can only guess with a rangefinder. What helps a lot is experience. This is the only way to get great results even with a rangefinder and on film. I have already posted several images in this thread, maybe it`s worth to look it through. 

But I will also keep on posting in this thread ....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wonzo said:

It`s the new version. I only use it together with the EVF on my M10-P or even better on my SL, because you can only see what you get by looking through such electronic viewfinders. It`s because the Thambar is an extremly versatile lens, which changes the way it draws with every single aperture from dreamy to absolutely sharp. You can only guess with a rangefinder. What helps a lot is experience. This is the only way to get great results even with a rangefinder and on film. I have already posted several images in this thread, maybe it`s worth to look it through. 

But I will also keep on posting in this thread ....

Thank you, I have viewed through the entire post now many times from to back but it has been yours and a few other recent posts that have me leaning to buying a copy. Yes I can see that practice will be needed with this lens. 

• Like 1

@insideline You made me check for a few images, which I haven`t yet posted in this thread:

M6, Portra 100 (one of a handful analog images I have taken)

• Like 7

This one I had posted in "I like film", not yet in this thread. 

M6, Portra 400

Edited by Wonzo
  • Like 2

One of my favourites. Can`t remember, if I have posted this image already.

• Like 16

15 minutes ago, Wonzo said:

One of my favourites. Can`t remember, if I have posted this image already.

Oh come on, now you are showing off! Monet impression for certain and absolutely my favorite yet, just WOW!!! Now I have to buy the lens.

• Haha 1