Thambar-Crazy

lik

Maybe, this is one of the others ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Moon goes Thambarino 👻

Edited by Arrow

Pork (Spam in this case) and beans .... :) tribute to  Left Lane Cruiser ... featuring green, fresh beans 👻

Edited by Arrow
  • Like 1

Recollection Red Triptych
M-A Thambar-M
ADOX Color Implosion

• Like 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Invasion of the Thambarinos ....

Edited by Arrow
  • Like 3

Thambarino rising :)

• Like 3

Say cheeeeeeeese :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Within a day of deciding of deciding to keep my M lens acquisitions within the 28mm to 50mm range, I received a special discount offer from a seller on the Evil Bay, where a pre-owned Thambar-M was still on my watch list. Rather than ignore the offer, I started searching, and found this thread topic. Well, to make a long story short, by Page 23, I had convinced myself to accept the offer, especially as the seller had so quickly and kindly answered a question, through direct-messaging. 

I shot plenty of clinically-sharp images, starting in 2010, with a 100mm Macro L lens, and a couple of zoom lenses, known for their low distortion throughout the zoom range, for official purposes, as part of my duties as a public servant, until I retired in early 2018. Adding the Leica-M system, in April 2018, with a Summilux-M 50mm ASPH and an M10, was therapeutic, an antidote, to clinical SLR shooting. I believe experimenting with a Thambar-M will be enjoyable.

Nothing I have typed in the preceding paragraph should be seen as a claim to being a “professional photographer,” or any kind of expert. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of mine - uneven OOF.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, RexGig0 said:

Within a day of deciding of deciding to keep my M lens acquisitions within the 28mm to 50mm range, I received a special discount offer from a seller on the Evil Bay, where a pre-owned Thambar-M was still on my watch list. Rather than ignore the offer, I started searching, and found this thread topic. Well, to make a long story short, by Page 23, I had convinced myself to accept the offer, especially as the seller had so quickly and kindly answered a question, through direct-messaging. 

I shot plenty of clinically-sharp images, starting in 2010, with a 100mm Macro L lens, and a couple of zoom lenses, known for their low distortion throughout the zoom range, for official purposes, as part of my duties as a public servant, until I retired in early 2018. Adding the Leica-M system, in April 2018, with a Summilux-M 50mm ASPH and an M10, was therapeutic, an antidote, to clinical SLR shooting. I believe experimenting with a Thambar-M will be enjoyable.

Nothing I have typed in the preceding paragraph should be seen as a claim to being a “professional photographer,” or any kind of expert. 

Please post (graphically and verbally) your journey with this lens, Rex.

• Like 1

The usefulness of the Thambar as a conventional 90mm, when stopped-down, and its performance on the macro adapter, were significant factors in my decision to buy. I do not see the Thambar as a one-trick pony, but experimenting with its tricks should be fun. I hope the seller, and the courier service, do their parts, now.

Edited by RexGig0
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, RexGig0 said:

The usefulness of the Thambar as a conventional 90mm, when stopped-down, and its performance on the macro adapter, were significant factors in my decision to buy. I do not see the Thambar as a one-trick pony, but experimenting with its tricks should be fun. I hope the seller, and the courier service, do their parts, now.

You will discover and enjoy the plethora of options, this optic does provide :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

A jay's feather. (A test shot using the Thambar-M on a newly acquired non-goggled 14652 Macro-Adapter-M with my M 240.) Probably around F4 or so.

Edited by wattsy
  • Like 10

Dumbarton Oaks Gardens, Washington DC 2019; Thambar (1938) with center-spot filter.

• Like 6

On 5/28/2019 at 10:38 PM, wattsy said:

A jay's feather. (A test shot using the Thambar-M on a newly acquired non-goggled 14652 Macro-Adapter-M with my M 240.) Probably around F4 or so.

I like this very much, Ian. Please keep posting.

• Like 1