Sigma art on tl2 ???

Kamyar

The sigma art lens, either the 35 f1.4 or the 50 f1.4, will work using an ef-m then m to t mount but you won't be able to use autofocus. It will be manual focus only. remember the crop factor of the T sensor means the 35 will become a 50mm and the 50 art lens will become around a 75mm so consider first whether these focal lengths are useful to your style of photography. Probably the 35mm is best for general use.

If you are referring to the Novoflex SL/EOS adapter, it's a good idea to first check to see if the adapter works with your TL2.   I have the SL/NIK counterpart, and the TL2  and T displayed "This lens/adapter is not supported" when I mounted it.

There is a pinned thread in the SL section where some people have mentioned using Sigma Art lenses on the SL, but I don't recall any about this line of lens on the T/TL/TL2 series.

I was aware that the SL/NIK is made for the SL only before I tried it on my TL2.  It is so stated on the Novoflex website.

When I wrote to Novoflex to ask if there might be some firmware update to enable the adapter to work, the answer I received was that, no, the T and the SL are two totally different systems.  As this seemed nonsensical, I replied to Novoflex to ask why it is that the "two totally different" systems can interchangeably operate the same lenses, but not the same adapter.  I received no reply.

I have since disabled the electronics in the SL/NIK so that I can use it as a dumb adapter.  The TL2's right dial defaults to "F" when any dumb adapter (or no lens) is attached, which makes no sense as the dial cannot control the aperture.  I recently wrote to Leica to ask about this, among other things, and hope to receive a reply in the coming days.

why buy a small camera if you want to put a big lens on it?

+1.

If Leica follow Fuji with a selection of small, usable, compact primes I'll be back in a heartbeat.

The 23mm is one, the 18mm another, now all I'd want is a 35mm compact. The current 35/1.4 is way too big for me.

Gary

• Like 3

Novoflex already make a very good SL/Nik dumb adaptor that's cheaper than the AF one. Why did you disable the AF one when the other was readily available?

Gordon

Because I had already augmented the Novoflex coffers by around $1k for the SL/NIK adapter and didn't want to buy another adapter for the one Nikon lens I own.  N.B. The dumb adapter model name is "LET/NIK."

why buy a small camera if you want to put a big lens on it?

I originally got the adapter to mount my Nikon 300mm PF on my SL.  The lens weighs 755 grams, as compared to the 2124 grams my Leica 280mm f/4 APO-Telyt-R weighs deployed with adapters, or the 1746g weight of the SL 90-280mm.

It's hardly a big lens and very much on par with the aforementioned Leica options in terms of performance.