Need a battery compartment for an R8 - where to find?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

The R8 I purchased on eBay came with the motor and that's great. I would, however, like to get the standard battery compartment for the R8 for times when I don't want the extra weight.

Can anyone recommend a source for this part? I have been in touch with Dave Elwell of Leica Camera in NJ and he says there are no such parts in stock in the US or Germany.

Thanks in advance,

Danny

dszpiro@gmail.com

There is a current eBay listing for a used R8 battery hand grip.  The seller is Team-Foto.   Price seems reasonable. 

Thanks! That item didn't come in in my English search on eBay so thank you very much for checking on the German listings.

I just bought it.

Thanks! That item didn't come in in my English search on eBay so thank you very much for checking on the German listings.

I just bought it.

Glad it was available and you got it.  

Its hard to find some of these pieces apart from the camera.  I was looking for an R8 motor winder alone and made a deal with an eBay seller who listed one together with an R8 camera.  He was willing to sell me the winder without the camera at a reasonable price.  After the sale, he re-listed his camera minus the winder.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RolfRolf
      Hi,
      bei meiner R8 klappt der Spiegel nicht mehr weg, wenn es kälter ist.
      Kennt ihr jemand im Rhein-Main Gebiet (+/- 100km, ich will die nicht schicken), der das einstellen kann?
      Benutze sie trotz ihres unangenehmen Gewichts sehr sehr gerne ;-)
      Grüße
      Rolf

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By PLH
      Has anybody had intermittent TTL flash issues with the R8?
       I get random firing of the SF-58, particularly with movement of the camera, and sometimes no flash on shutter release. Inside, low light, and with program mode the viewfinder shows f/5.6 @ 1/250 as it should.  Contacts are clean, wiggling the flash at the foot doesn't make it fire.  Camera, flash or the coupling of the two?
      The phenomena does not seem to occur with a SF-24D, though i have no negatives to review yet.  
      R8 serial # 243xxxx.  I've had no other problems with this camera.

• By 1234
      I've had the Nitecore charger for few years without problems charging batteries for M240. Just bought couple of new BP-SCL2 batteries at very attractive price via FEDEX from Hong Kong. When I try to charge them for first time with the Nitecore there appears the " EE EE " message indicating shorted battery. HK seller now says that I must "activate" them via first time charge from original Leica charger. Said original charger is misplaced or lost somewhere over past few years. So two questions:
      1. Is it true about having to "activate" a BP-SCL2 with original charger?
      2. If so, is there another member of the forum in/near Pinellas County, Florida, who might be able (taking precautions all round) to charge them on an original charger?
      Thanks, Harry
    • By HP203
      Hallo zusammen,
      Ich würde gerne wissen welche Festbrennweiten man sich kaufen sollte, wenn man sie an der R8 und eventuell auch an einer sony alpha 7 verwenden möchte. Ich würde mich über Beispiel Bilder freuen.
      Danke für euere Antworten
      HP203
    • By HP203
      Hallo zusammen,
      Ich bin zurzeit am überlegen, ob ich mir für meine Sony Alpha 7 und eine noch anzuschaffende R 8  R Festbrennweiten oder ein Vario Zoom (wir lassen dieses mal die Diskussion ob es nun das 28 - 70 mm oder das 35 - 70 mm werden soll weg) kaufen sollt. Zurzeit verwende ich an der a7 nur das Standart 28 - 70 mm Zoom welches als Kit Objektiv dabei ist. Da dieses jedoch einen weniger guten Manuellen Fokusring hat und ich es heute, genau ein Jahr hat es gehalten, aufgrund einer sich von selbst im Gehäuse gelösten Linse wieder zum Händler zurückbringen musste. Das ich mir eine R 8 kaufen möchte habe ich nun eigentlich schon entschieden. Ich hatte nun auch schon mehrmals die R8 meines Vaters mit einem 38 -70 der letzten Generation und einem 80 - 200 in der Hand und wollte danach eigentlich meine A7 gar nicht mehr verwenden. Da ich also nun mir eine R 8 anschaffen möchte und ich für diese eine Optik brauche überlege ich nun ob ich mir Festbrennweiten oder ein Vario Objektiv zulegen sollte, welche ich dann eventuell auch an der alpha 7 nutzen möchte.
      Kann mir da jemand weiterhelfen?
      HP203